Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling
Looking for new challenges? Join the Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling course!
The program is aimed at training highly professional scientists and engineers with the background and practical experience in theoretical mechanics, computational mechanics, mathematical modeling and simulations, and distributed computing. Upon graduation, the participants will acquire practical skills and fundamental knowledge for professional career development in international engineering or research companies. Special focus is set on renewable energy, namely, the skills can be applied to reliability and strength analysis of such alternative energy sources as solar panels and wind power equipment, as well as power stations based geo- and hydrothermal energy, and ocean energy.
The process of education consists of basic lectures and practical classes, supplemented with short- and long-term courses by local and visiting professors. There is also a possibility of individual training plan based on the students’ scientific interests, which provides a wide choice of case studies, cross-cultural team work, expert workshops, study visits to enterprises and internships at research centers and companies of St. Petersburg. Hands-on training courses help to plunge into the cutting edge scientific computing. Special resources of SPbPU, the supercomputing center and digital fabrication laboratory “Fab Lab Polytech” will be available for students.
Program profile. Major areas of expertise:
- Advanced knowledge in mathematical modeling and computer simulation, including distributed computing;
- Fundamental knowledge in mechanics, including thin-walled structures, waves, thermodynamics and micromechanics;
- Computational mechanics (FEM; CAD/CAE software; CFD packages) and optimization techniques;
- Reliability and strength analysis in context of renewable energy sources;
- Publishing and scientific research work.
Tuition fee per year:
- for foreign students: 264 000 Rubles
- for Russian students: 194 000 Rubles
You are kindly required to fill in an on-line application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
- The graduates will have an opportunity to work in research institutes, centers and laboratories. They will be able to find employment at R&D and engineering departments of oil and gas, car-making, power and engineering, or aerospace industries among others.
- The balanced combination of the theoretical courses in mechanics and mathematics with the practical exercises, workshops and IT training sessions, simulations and distributed computing.
- Unique opportunities for international academic mobility: a semester abroad at one of SPbPU partner universities.
- An unrivalled opportunity for Russian and international students to participate together in SPbPU academic and extracurricular activities.
Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland) was established in 1969. Nowadays, LUT’s strategic focus areas are green energy and technology.
Master's short- and long-term internships
Technical University of Berlin (Germany)
Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg (Germany)
Delft University of Technology (The Netherlands)
Institute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering (Russia) of Russian Academy of Sciences.
Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - St. Petersburg - will reward you with unforgettable experience!