Master's Double Degree Program - Intelligent Systems (with Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany)
The objective of the program is to prepare Masters of Science who possess knowledge of state-of-art trends of automation and intelligent robotics and skills in developing control systems and technologies.
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters):
- 1st year – in SPbPU
- 2nd year – in Leibniz Universität Hannover (Germany)
Semester and beginning of studies: Fall semester - September, 01
- Upon successful completion of the program, students have opportunity to get two Master’s degree diplomas.
- Practical training, laboratory works and research work are conducted in laboratories equipped with modern facilities provided by companies Siemens AG, Festo Didactic, Oracle and etc.
- The Program is realized in cooperation with leading Russian and international companies (Siemens, SAP, General Motors, State Unitary Enterprise “Vodokanal of St. Petersburg“, LLC “KINEF“) and branches of the Russian Academy of Sciences in organizing internships, project activities and employment assistance.
Candidates are required to hold a Bachelor's degree in Energy Technology, Power Machines, Power Engineering or an equivalent degree according to the educational system of the country they represent, all applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency at B+ level.
Examination in the field of informatics and computer science and interview in English language with program coordinator (option - via Skype).
Written on-line application. Application deadline – June, 30. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at the official web-site of SPbPU.
Master of Science (MSc)
Compulsory courses, elective courses, a Master's thesis. Compulsory lecture courses and a Master's theses are included into the syllabus of a student. The students have to choose one of the elective courses from each of presented below groups А-E.
Upon successful completion of the program student have opportunity to get two degrees:
- MSc in Information Science and Computer Engineering (Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University)
- MSc in Mechatronics (Leibniz Universität Hannover)
- Intelligent Systems (3 ECTS)
- Methods of Optimization (2 ECTS)
- Knowledge Management and Knowledge Engineering (6.5 ECTS)
- Software Development Technology (4 ECTS)
- Modern Problems of Information Science and Computer Engineering (4 ECTS)
- Mathematical Modeling and Simulation (5 ECTS)
- Computing Systems (5 ECTS)
- History and Methodology of Information Science and Computer Engineering (2.5 ECTS)
- Neuroinformatics and Neurotechnologies (4 ECTS)
Scientific and Research work
- Scientific and Research Work
- Project theses based on Scientific and Research Work
- Master's Theses Completion
Elective Courses: one discipline should be chosen from each group:
Group A (7 ECTS)
- Intelligent Computing
- Distributed Databases
Group B (8.5 ECTS)
- Cognitive and Multiagent Systems
- Intelligent Control Systems
Group С (4 ECTS)
- Computer Security Systems
Group D (4 ECTS)
- Production of Electronic Systems*
- Speech Technologies
Group E (2.5 ECTS)
- Electrical Drives part 1*
- Image Processing
- Micro- and Nanosystems* (4 ECTS)
- Production of Electronic Systems* (4 ECTS)
- Electrical Drives part 2* (1.5 ECTS)
The Final Certifying Examination (12 ECTS)
All disciplines marked by * are necessary for obtaining the degree of Master of Science in Mechatronics (Leibniz Universität Hannover).
The information about the admission procedure and the application form is available on the web-page/
Rooms for two persons in a two-roomed apartment with shared facilities and a kitchen in a comfortable students' hostel.
Institute of Information Technologies and Control Systems
Control Systems and Technologies Department