Mesoscopics and Advanced Materials
Are you keen on physics and self-development in this field? Just join this course!
The Master's Degree Program in Physics is tailored to BSc graduates who are aspired to deepen their knowledge of physics and to pursue a research career within a university, industrial or research laboratory. The program provides professional knowledge and practical skills in the prospective areas of modern physics: nanophysics and physics of advanced materials with unique properties.
Program profile. Major areas of expertise:
- Knowledge of mesoscopics and physics of advanced materials;
- Design and application of optical materials;
- Nanomaterials and nanostructures;
- Advanced problems in physics;
- Spectroscopy of atoms, molecules and clusters;
- Nanomechanics of materials and systems;
- Publishing and scientific research work.
Tuition fee per year:
- for foreign students: 285 000 Rubles
- for CIS and Baltic countries students: 250 000 Rubles
- for Russian students: 200 000 Rubles
You are kindly required to fill in an on-line application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
- fundamental background of the top modern physics issues;
- developing excellent analytical, critical and problem solving skills;
- developing communication and learning skills: the ability to write coherent and consistent science papers and documents, the ability to manage your own learning and make use of primary research sources and reviews
- skills necessary for further professional career: the initiative, decision making and motivation to undertake further professional training;
- the course is delivered in English;
- scholarships to study abroad in English in one of the European partner universities (a semester or a summer school).
The Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies, FIAS (Germany) brings together researchers in the areas of physics, mathematics, brain research, life science, and computer science. As a platform for integrating the sciences, FIAS provides a foundation for decisive progress in research through cooperation, exchanging ideas, and overcoming structural barriers between the disciplines.
The University of Iceland (Iceland) is a progressive educational and scientific institution, renowned in the global scientific community for its research. It is a state university, situated in the heart of Reykjavík, the capital of Iceland. A modern, diversified and rapidly developing institution, the University of Iceland offers opportunities for study and research in almost 400 programs spanning most fields of science and scholarship: Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Humanities, Education, Natural Sciences and Engineering.
Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) NTU is the fastest-rising Asian university among the world’s top 50 universities. Ranked 41st in the world, it is also placed 2nd globally among young elite universities. In research, the university is ranked among Asia’s top 50 universities for research citations per paper, a reflection of the high quality of the research by its professors and researchers.
The University of Tennessee (USA). Through the combined force of its education, research and outreach, the University of Tennessee serves students, business and industry, schools, governments, organizations and citizens throughout the state. Statewide, the University provides a range of accessible and affordable educational opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as highly regarded professional schools.
Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - Saint-Petersburg - will reward you with unforgettable experience!Learn more about MSc Degree Mesoscopics and Advanced Materials