Focus on Russia: Language, Art and Politics
30 JULY – 26 AUGUST, 2018
Do you want to study Russian language and learn more about political and cultural life of Russia? Join this Summer School!
Our August module is a perfect possibility for those who would like to start the new academic year having received an impressive kit of credits in Russian Studies and international experience.
St.Petersburg with its rich history and art is a city that inspires, a city you will fall in love with once you visit it.
Within this module you will simultaneously:
- obtain or advance your Russian language skills;
- learn about the main political facts and figures of modern Russia;
- explore St. Petersburg as a “Cultural Capital of Russia” and enjoy diverse extracurricular activities.
Indoor classes are enhanced with the field trips, case studies, group and individual activities. All the courses are developed in accordance with the international standards and can be recognized as a period of studies abroad.
Arrival: July 28 – July 29, 2018
Classes: July 30 – August 24, 2018
Departure: August 25 – August 26, 2018
ECTS credits(total): 6,5
Russian language: 4 ECTS. Levels available: beginners, intermediate, upper-intermediate, advanced
Politics of Modern Russia: 1 ECTS
History of the Russian Art: 1,5 ECTS
2 weeks – 22 680 RUB (equivalent of 360 Euro according to Russian Central Bank rate on 10.02.2017)
3 weeks – 30 240 RUB (equivalent of 480 Euro according to Russian Central Bank rate on 10.02.2017)
4 weeks – 37 800 RUB (equivalent of 600 Euro according to Russian Central Bank rate on 10.02.2017)
Participation fee includes tuition fees, cultural activities, field trips, study materials, visa support (Invitation letter issuance).
Deadline for registration:
- for non-EU citizens: May 14, 2018
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: June 11, 2018
The cultural program includes:
- full-day bus trip to Peterhof, the former imperial residence, famous for its amazing fountain and museum ensemble. Along with visiting the Grand Palace you will enjoy the walk in the Upper- and Lower parks and see numerous fountains, including the Grand Cascade and the Samson Fountain.
- bus trip to Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo), the former imperial residence, famous for its palace and park ensemble. You will visit one of the most beautiful palaces — Palace of Russian Empress Catherine the Great. The peak of this excursion will be a visit to the world-famous Amber Room reconstructed in 2003
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art
- Farewell Boat trip
All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
For the application package please contact the Program Coordinator via e-mail.
- Science degree:
- phD in Engineering Science
- Science title:
- associate professor
- Deputy Director for International Relations - Higher School of International Educational Programs