Russian Studies: Russian language, Politics & Art
30 JULY – 26 AUGUST, 2018
Do you want to study Russian language and learn more about political and cultural life of Russia? Join this Summer School!
Our August module is a perfect possibility for those who would like to start the new academic year having received an impressive kit of credits in Russian Studies and international experience.
St.Petersburg with its rich history and art is a city that inspires, a city you will fall in love with once you visit it.
Within this module you will simultaneously:
- obtain or advance your Russian language skills (levels A0-C1);
- learn about the main political facts and figures of modern Russia;
- explore St. Petersburg as a “Cultural Capital of Russia” and enjoy diverse extracurricular activities.
Indoor classes are enhanced with the field trips, case studies, group and individual activities. All the courses are developed in accordance with the international standards and can be recognized as a period of studies abroad.
Arrival: July 28 – July 29, 2018
Classes: July 30 – August 24, 2018
Departure: August 25 – August 26, 2018
ECTS credits(total): 6.0
Russian language: 4 ECTS (20 contact hours per week). Levels available: beginners, low-intermediate, intermediate, upper-intermediate, advanced
The course is aimed at improving the main communication skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. It helps to break the communication barrier and facilitates better understanding of Russian language. The students are divided into small groups according to their levels.
Our goal is to make you really use the Russian language , and we know how to do it. Apart from the classroom study, each week we arrange speaking clubs and social activities helping you to start talking in Russian.
Politics of Modern Russia: 1 ECTS
The course focuses on analyzing the main features of the Russian political system of the recent decades, covering the reforms, events and political measures taken during the tenure of M.Gorbachev, B.Yeltsin, V. Putin and D.Medvedev.
History of the Russian Art: 1 ECTS
The course provides an overview of the progress of Russian art from XI up to XXI century in a historical context, acquaints the students with principal trends of Russian art and architecture, the formation of different styles and the creations of the most remarkable Russian artists.
2 weeks – 360 Euro
3 weeks – 480 Euro
4 weeks – 600 Euro
Participation fee includes tuition fees, cultural activities, field trips, study materials, visa support (Invitation letter issuance).
Deadline for application:
- for non-EU citizens: May 21, 2018
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: June 18, 2018
The cultural program includes:
- full-day bus trip to Peterhof, the former imperial residence, famous for its amazing fountain and museum ensemble. Along with visiting the Grand Palace you will enjoy the walk in the Upper- and Lower parks and see numerous fountains, including the Grand Cascade and the Samson Fountain.
- bus trip to Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo), the former imperial residence, famous for its palace and park ensemble. You will visit one of the most beautiful palaces — Palace of Russian Empress Catherine the Great. The peak of this excursion will be a visit to the world-famous Amber Room reconstructed in 2003
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art
- Farewell Boat trip along the Neva River
All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
Tutors' support and intercultural experience
To make your experience as safe and rich in impressions as possible, we have a team of tutors providing you with constant support and friendly assistance, be it airport pick-up or additional speaking practice or a company for exploring the most breathtaking places of St.Petersburg.
For the application package please contact the Program director via e-mail.
Program director:Tatiana Kovalenko (Mrs.)
Head of International Short-term Programs Dept.
Russian Language & Russian Studies
Higher School of International Educational Programs
e-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +7 812 606 62 34
SUMMER SCHOOL OF RUSSIAN STUDIES: SAY "DA" TO YOUR UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE. JOIN US!