Russian Studies: Russian language, History & Literature
AUGUST 27 - SEPTEMBER 14, 2018This summer school is designed for those who would like to feel the Russian language in its close connection with Russian history and literature.
You will obtain or improve your Russian language skills, learn more about our history and literature and get inspired for further discoveries and achievements in the field of Russian Studies.
Arrival: August 25 - 26, 2018
Classes:August 27 - September 14, 2018
Departure: September 15 - 16, 2018
ECTS CREDITS: 5.0
Russian Language (levels A0-C1) 3 ECTS
The course is aimed at improving the main communication skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. It helps to break the communication barrier and facilitates better understanding of Russian language. The students are divided into small groups according to their levels.
Russian Literature 1 ECTS
The course explains and analyzes the main trends in Russian literature development, covering the lives, literary activities and works of the remarkable Russian writers. The lectures focus on the problems emphasized in Russian Literature and their connection with those of modern society. Correlations with historical & cultural life of St.Petersburg.
Russian History 1 ECTS
Participation fee: 480 Euro
Deadline for application:
- for non-EU citizens: June 18, 2018
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: July 16, 2018
The cultural program includes:
- full-day bus trip to Peterhof, the former imperial residence, famous for its amazing fountain and museum ensemble. Along with visiting the Grand Palace you will enjoy the walk in the Upper- and Lower parks and see numerous fountains, including the Grand Cascade and the Samson Fountain.
- bus trip to Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo), the former imperial residence, famous for its palace and park ensemble. You will visit one of the most beautiful palaces - Palace of Russian Empress Catherine the Great. The peak of this excursion will be a visit to the world-famous Amber Room reconstructed in 2003
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world's largest and oldest museums of fine art.
All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
Tutors' support and intercultural experience
To make your experience as safe and rich in impressions as possible, we have a team of tutors providing you with constant support and friendly assistance, be it airport pick-up or additional speaking practice or a company for exploring the most breathtaking places of St.Petersburg.
AccommodationOur students are provided with accommodation in the University dormitories on campus. All dormitories are located in a walking distance from the University.
For the application package please contact the Program director via e-mail.
Program director:Tatiana Kovalenko (Mrs.)
Head of International Short-term Programs Dept.
Russian Language & Russian Studies
Higher School of International Educational Programs
e-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +7 812 606 62 34
SUMMER SCHOOL OF RUSSIAN STUDIES: SAY "DA" TO YOUR UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE. JOIN US!