JULY 02 — JULY 15, 2018
Do you want to learn more about space telecommunication and have exciting holidays in the most beautiful city of Russia? Join this summer school!
The course is suitable as the first space technologies course or an add-on course for senior undergraduate students and graduate students.
The course is aimed to provide advanced techniques of space engineering and understanding of the core physics principles related to space exploration. In additional to technological part the school program emphasizes space industry problems. The theoretical courses are grouped to two blocks. There are B1 block which is about space laws and economics, B2 block covers space technologies and physics Practical skills are trained during a hackathon. The speakers are industry experts and scientists who are experienced in space area.
- Satellites Engineering,
- Space Communication Techniques,
- Space Hardware and Equipment,
- Radio Telescopic techniques.
Arrival: June 29 - July 01, 2018
Classes: July 2 - 13, 2018
Departure: July 14 - 16, 2018
Duration: 2 weeks of studies at SPbPU
Ects credits: 4.0
Early bird fee: 410 euro
Regular fee: 480 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, visits to companies and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Visit to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant.
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue.
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues (optional, for extra price).
Deadline for registration:Early bird deadline:
- for non-EU citizens: March 20, 2018
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: May 02, 2018
- for non-EU citizens: April 16, 2018
- for EU-citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: May 28, 2018
- Basic knowledge of physics.
- Fluent English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 3 years of University level studies.
Request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Telecommunication Union
The Institute of Applied Astronomy of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Professors and lecturers:
Dr. Francois Rancy, Director of Telecommunication Bureau, ITU,
Vadim Nozdrin, Study Group Councelor, ITU,
Aleksander Ivanchic, corresponding member of RAS,
Aleksander Blinov, professor of Space Investigation department, SPbPU,
Denis Malygin, head of Astronomicon,
Vladimir Mostepanenko, Pulkovo Observatory.