International scientific conference "The Arctic: history and modernity"
20-21 April 2016 Saint Petersburg State Polytechnic University in cooperation with the St. Petersburg branch of the Institute of History of Science and Technology named after S.I. Vavilov, affiliated with the Russian Academy of Sciences, Academy of Sciences of the Arctic community and the St. Petersburg Council of Peace and Accord holds the International scientific conference "The Arctic: history and modernity".
The conference aims to get deeper understanding of the processes connected with exploration and exploitation of the Arctic, also to discuss a wide range of up-to-date issues of the region development.
We invite the researchers in the field of social, natural, military and technical sciences for cooperation.
Students, graduate students and young scientists are invited to participate in the conference.
Conference languages: Russian and English.
The proposed issues to consider at the Conference sections:
- History of research and development of the Arctic;
- Modern geopolitics of the Arctic exploration;
- Military security and strategic stability in the Arctic;
- Problems of environmental safety in the Arctic region; International cooperation in the Arctic;
- Problems and prospects for economic development of the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation;
- Historical and cultural heritage of the Arctic;
- Tourism and prospects of its development in the Arctic region;
- The indigenous peoples of the Arctic and their sustainable development;
- Youth section.
According to the results of the conference it is planned to publish the proceedings that will be indexed in the scientometric base of RISC. The proceedings will also be posted on the website of SPbPU.
Правила представления материалов
Those wishing to attend the conference should send an electronic application until 31.03.2016 to email@example.com marked "Arctic".
The text should be sent by e-mail to the Organizing Committee until 05.10.2016
The organizing committee reserves the right to select the materials for publication.
The plenary meeting of the Conference will be held on April 20, 2016 at 10:00 am at the Research housing of SPbPU.
E-mail address of the organizing committee: : firstname.lastname@example.org