Game Design: 3D Character Animation
AUGUST 03 — 14, 2020
Do you want to gain more knowledge and practical skills in 3D Character Animation? Welcome to our course!
Summer course “3D character animation” gives to the students ability creating interesting character in 3D! It may be a man, a robot, a monster or a dog, whatever you want. This course aims at bridging the gap between ideas and their digital representation by introducing students to the basics of three-dimensional modeling, rigging, skinning and making animation. It gives a unique opportunity to learn about character animation process and practice different approaches to develop an idea into a 3D character. Besides in the end you will see, how your character walks, runs and make some moving in game location.
We invite a diverse auditorium of creative people: product or industrial designers, computer graphics artists, fine arts or business-focused students with good knowing of 3D modeling. The module will be of interest for both experienced designers and beginners who'd like to expand their knowledge and understanding of the subject area. Both Russian and international students can take part in the Summer School, all teaching will be conducted in English.
The module consists of 2 weeks of intensive teaching: cross-disciplinary curricula offers courses which represent different stages of design process from hand drawing to computer modeling and animation opportunities. Extensive practical work is aimed at gaining insight into contemporary product design process and is lead by qualified professors. The facilities for the courses include well-equipped laboratories, computer rooms and drawing studios of SPbPU.
Arrival: Aug 01 – 02, 2020
Classes: Aug 03 – 14, 2020
Departure: Aug 15 – 16, 2020
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 5.0
- Early bird registration fee: 510 euro
- Regular registration fee: 540 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city;
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues;
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
Deadline for registration
Early bird deadline April 20, 2020
- for non-EU citizens: May 11, 2020
- for EU and visa-free countries’ citizens: June 22, 2020 (applicable for Iranian and Indian citizens as well)
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 year of University level studies.
Professors and lecturers
Simon Schur (industrial designer at “Ingria” Technopark of St.Petersburg and expert in additive technologies).