15 — 26 JULY, 2019
Do you want to learn more about space telecommunication and have exciting holidays in the most beautiful city of Russia? Join this summer school!
The summer school course "Space Technologies" is suitable for senior undergraduate and graduate students as the first space technology course or an add-on course. The program aims to provide advanced techniques of space engineering and understanding the core physics principles related to space exploration. Space industry problems are also considered during the program in addition to technology topics. The theoretical courses cover astrophysics, space technology and physics. Students will train their practical skills during a hackathon (a creative coding marathon) and an interactive business simulation workshop. The speakers are industry experts and scientists experienced in the field of space technology.
6-hours intensive course of Survival Russian is also included into the syllabus.
- Satellites Engineering,
- Space Communication Techniques,
- Space Hardware and Equipment,
- Radio Telescopic techniques.
Arrival: Jul 13 – 14, 2019
Classes: Jul 15 – 26, 2019
Departure: Jul 27 – 28, 2019
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 4.0
Participation fee:Early bird registration fee: 510 euro
Regular registration fee: 540 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, visits to companies and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Pub Quiz in the city center of St. Petersburg.
- Field trip to radio astronomical observatory "Svetloe" with practice on Radiotelescope.
- Visit to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant.
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue (optional, for extra price).
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues (optional, for extra price).
Deadline for registration:
Early bird deadline: March 25,2019
- for non-EU citizens: April 22, 2019
- for EU citizens: May 27, 2019
- Basic knowledge of physics.
- Fluent English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 3 years of University level studies.
Request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Institute of Applied Astronomy of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
Radio astronomical observatory "Svetloe";
Professors and lecturers:
Aleksander Ivanchic, corresponding member of RAS;
Aleksander Blinov, professor of Space Investigation department, SPbPU;
Oleg Tsybin, professor of IPNT, SPbPU;
Vitaly Egorov, Dauria Aerospace;
Denis Malygin, head of Astronomicon;
Vladimir Mostepanenko, Pulkovo Observatory.