For outgoing Erasmus students
Since the implementation of the program, more than 180 students, postgraduates and employees of SPBPU and more than 200 European students, postgraduates, teachers and employees have taken part in the academic mobility between the universities.
Dear SPbPU students!
The International educational programs and academic mobility department kindly informs you that a new competition for ERASMUS+ scholarships for students has been announced.
Applications and nominations will be submitted on the basis of an open and transparent competition where all students and postgraduates of SPbPU can participate. Nomination to the partner University will be conducted by the representatives of the SPbPU Erasmus office (IMOP building, room 225).
Applications sent directly to partner universities, bypassing the SPbPU Erasmus coordinator from will not be considered.
The requirements for the required package of documents and the procedure for submitting documents can be found below in the section Requirements for the selection procedure for students, PHd and employees.
- List of partner universities and amount of Erasmus+ scholarships for outgoing Erasmus+ students
- List of partner universities and amount of Erasmus+ scholarships for outgoing Erasmus+ Staff
BSc and MSC students: The exchange period can take 3-6 months (in accordance with the requirements of the Inter-Institutional Erasmus Agreement between the partner universities). The field of study/ courses at the hosting University must correspond to the field of study at SPbPU. The exchange period begins with the Orientation week at the host University and ends with the examination period. To receive the full scholarship, the student must successfully pass the exams at the host University and earn at least 25-30 credits.
Postgraduate students: The exchange period can take 3-10 months (in accordance with the requirements of the Inter-Institutional Erasmus Agreement between the partner universities). The field of study/ courses at the hosting University must correspond to the field of study at SPbPU. The period of stay and the individual training program must be previously agreed by the PHd student with the hosting professor. Also the research plan should be approved by the hosting professor. To receive the full amount of the scholarship, the PHd student must successfully complete the agreed research plan and the study plan at the host University and earn 25-30 credits.
Academic staff: the duration of the teaching period at the partner university is generally 5 working days (can be extended in accordance with the requirements of the individual Mobility agreement for teaching). Additionally 2 days (arrival day and departure day) are charged. The program must include at least 8 hours of lectures per week. To submit the documents at the host University, the Spbpu professor have to approve the lecture plan with the hosting university.
Administrative staff: The duration of the internship at the partner univerity is 5 days. 2 additional days (arrival day and departure day) are charged. The internships of the administrative staff representatives must be approved by the SPbPU Erasmus office and the host University. Vestibulum hendrerit sit amet erat ac vehicula. Vivamus vitae eros quam. Aliquam eu varius justo.
The ERASMUS + grant covers the following expenses:
- Travel costs (in both directions);
- Payment of a monthly scholarship for students and postgraduates in the amount of 800-900 euros per month;
- Payment of stay expenses for administrative and academic staff in the amount of 120-180 euros per day, for a period of 5 working days + 2 travel days.
SPbPU selects best students for Erasmus+ scholarships basing on the results of competition organized twice a year prior to forthcoming semester (in September for spring semester and in February for autumn semester). Students selected on Departmental level should submit required documents (see “How to apply?”) and then pass oral interview.
- grade average (min. 4.5 for Natural Science and Engineering students and min 4.7 for Human sciences and Economics students taking into consideration that 5.0 is the highest possible value);
- language proficiency;
- home faculty assessment ranking;
- involvement in Social activities at SPbPU.
Receiving University can influence the selection results of students from SPbPU on the stage of application after nomination by e-mail. In case student’s background or grades will be considered by receiving University to be insufficient.
The Learning Agreement will be confirmed and signed by the representative of the Institute the student is studying at (by the coordinator for International relations at the Institute). The signature confirms that the representatives of the Institute are aware of the intentions of the student to study abroad for an exchange semester. The corresponding department agree on an individual study plan for each student of SPbPU for the exchange semester and this procedure guarantee that the positive results of students will be recognized after the mobility period.
Students who would like to participate in Erasmus + mobility programs must participate in a competition. Nomination to the partner University is carried out on a competitive basis conducted by the International educational programs and academic mobility department (IMOP building, room 225)
Steps to participate in the Erasmus + scholarship competition:
Contact the Deputy Director for international relations of your Institute to get a letter of recommendation.
Fill out an electronic form and prepare the necessary documents (see below.)
Send the document package in PDF format to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Topic of the email should be "Erasmus + scholarship Competition". Please send the documents not later than the application deadline (Information on the deadline can be found in the section CURRENT ERASMUS+COMPETITIONS). Applications submitted later than the deadline will not be considered.
The International educational programs and academic mobility department academic mobility department conducts the final selection of candidates based on submitted documents and invites the succeeded candidates to an interview.
All students who apply to participate in the selection process will be informed by the Erasmus coordinator about the results by email.
The nomination procedure to the Partner-University:
The University coordinator of the ERASMUS+ Program from SPbPU sends information about candidates who have successfully passed the selection process to the partner universities of The Program.
The international office of the partner University sends students information about the procedure and deadlines for submitting application documents.
Candidates who have successfully passed the competitive selection process fill out the European Learning Agreement and submit to the host University all the documents required for exchange training. Please note that each partner University has its own conditions for accepting foreign students under the Erasmus+ program (information is available on the website of the host University).
- Electronic application form
- A letter of recommendation signed by the Deputy Director for International relations of your Institute
- Motivation letter for the first priority University in English (no more than 1 page)
- A copy of the personal record card of all previous semesters (including the title page of the record card) with the calculation of the average score (you can get this document at the Dean's office of your Institute)
- A file with an approximate list of subjects that you plan to attend during your studies at the partner University, approved by the representatives of your Institute (study coordinator/deputy director for international relations). The choice of courses at the partner University should correspond to the program at SPbPU as much as possible (information on the offered courses is available on the website of the host University with the indication of ECTS). You can download a sample «Preliminary course list» here.
- Certificate of foreign language proficiency (can be obtained at the SPbPU Language center , or other internationally recognized certificates IELTS, TOEFL,etc )
- A copy of the first page of your international passport
In case of PhD candidates, the required documents for the assessment are:
- research plan
- language proficiency
- two recommendation letters: from the SPbPU professor and professor from the hosting University.
- Deputy head - International educational programs and academic mobility department