Goals and Objectives
The Information Center of SPbPU in Madrid is a cooperation coordinator of SPbPU with the Spanish universities. The Centre organizes partner events, round tables and seminars and facilitates the launch of joint educational programs and research projects.
The main goal of the Information center of SPbPU in Madrid is to increase the international reputation, create a favorable image of the University, and intensify partnership in the Ibero-American space.
SPbPU has a status of the largest technical university in Russia with its unique capabilities within the Russian partner network (Russian industry, small and medium business, research centers and educational organizations, institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences, national clusters, platforms and associations). Taking this into account the most important functional responsibility of the Center is to serve as a "window to Russia" for all Spanish companies and organizations.
"We chose Spain to establish our Information Center not accidentally. Spain and the countries of Ibero-America are one of the priority development regions for the Polytechnic University. We consider the activity of SPbPU Information Center to be a bridge, which enables us to have direct interaction with the big Spanish-speaking academic community. The opening of the Center will contribute to developing cooperation not only with universities and companies of Spain, but will also popularize the university in Latin and Central America", according to Dmitry Arseniev, Vice-Rector of SPbPU for International Affairs.
Main objectives of the Information Center of SPbPU in Madrid:
- SPbPU promotion in the global education and research market, both in Spain and in the Ibero-American countries;
- Organization of cooperation between SPbPU and universities, research centers and production companies in Spain;
- Promotion of the Russian language and culture;
- Contributing to SPbPU participation in educational fairs, exhibitions and other events;
- Assistance to Spanish companies entering the Russian industrial market;
- Inviting Spanish students to participate in SPbPU Master’s Degree and PhD programs as well as in summer and winter schools;
- Invitation of leading scientists and professors from Spain and other countries to take part in invited professors program