International Scientific Cooperation
International scientific cooperation is the basis to an interaction between University and the world academic community as well as the industry partners.
Various contract and project work in collaboration with leading research centers, cooperation with technology companies, exchange of information, the implementation of studies commissioned by foreign partners allows researchers and professors of the University to be at the forefront of the development of science and technology, to be competitive, to improve knowledge and experience, to relate scientific activity with the demands of the global high-tech market.
Within the implementation of international scientific cooperation we deem appropriate to pay attention to both sides of the process, both external and internal:
1. The activities of the university in the external high-tech market:
- The search for foreign partners in order to conduct the contract and project activities;
- Creating consortia to participate in international projects;
- Conduct of negotiations, cooperation with foreign companies in order to strengthen the mutually beneficial cooperation;
- Counseling and providing of information on international cooperation.
- External fund raising for research activities.
2. Formation of sustainable support mechanisms for SPbPU researchers.
- Increasing qualifications of university staff members on the implementation of international scientific cooperation and cooperation with foreign partners;
- Provide the information on current opportunities for international cooperation;
- Preparation of contract documentation and its approval in the departments of the university;
- Administration of the contract and project activities
- Issues of carrying across the border (customs clearance) of goods, services, materials, and scientific activity results
International scientific cooperation department of the International Office consolidated the activities in all abovementioned areas.