University Foundation Program
Our courses are designed to offer students the best preparation for their future success.
Take the first step for your future career!
Dear applicants! Admission for the 2017/2018 academic year for the University Foundation Programs has ended.
University Foundation Programs:
- Prepare international students for undergraduate and postgraduate studying at Russian universities
- Develop international communication and studying skills through the Russian language and professional training
The first SPbPU University Foundation Program was founded in 1965. Since then, more than 15 thousand students from Europe, Central, North and South Americas, Asia and Africa have graduated from these programs.
The SPbPU University Foundation Programs meet Russian state educational standards of university foundation training. The programs are based on the standards of Russian high schools and first years of higher education schools.. Over 50% of the class time is dedicated to learning Russian language.
We offer three educational frameworks depending on the students’ future specializations (majors: ENGINEERING, ECONOMICS, and HUMANITIES).
Programs for international students:
1. Non-degree University Foundation Program - STANDARD (for those who start training from September 1 to November 30):
- Duration: 10 months;
- Workload: 60 credits (including 1340 contact hours);
- •Specialty disciplines:
|Engineering||Basic disciplines||Russian language, mathematics, physics|
|Specialty disciplines||Computer sciences, chemistry, sports|
|Economics||Basic disciplines||Russian language, mathematics, economic and social geography|
|Specialty disciplines||Economics, social science (basics), computer sciences, history, sports|
|Humanities||Basic disciplines||Russian language, history, economic and social geography|
|Specialty disciplines||Social science (basics), literature, mathematics, computer sciences, sports|
- Fees: RR 195,000 per year
2. Non-degree University Foundation Program - INTENSIVE (for those who start training in November):
- Duration: 8 months;
- Workload: 55 credits (including 1200 contact hours);
- Specialty disciplines:
|Engineering||Russian language, mathematics, physics|
|Economics||Russian language, mathematics, economic and social geography|
|Humanities||Russian language, history, economic and social geography|
- Fees: RR 175,000 per year
3. Non-degree Russian Language Study Program (the First Certificate Level):
- Duration: 10 months
- Workload: 840 contact hours
- Russian language study
- Fees: RR 170,000 per year
Admission procedures for the University Foundation Programs
- Newcomers should submit their documents in person (room 228, IIEP, Grazhdansky Ave. 28).
- Please bring your passport and a Xerox copy of the name page and the visa page.
- June 15, 2018 for the fall semester for the Standard Program
- August 15, 2018 for the fall semester for the Intensive Program
- +7 (812) 606-62-32
- 195220, Russia, St.Petersburg, Grazhdansky pr., 28, room 217