Research Programs and Activities
The program of megagrants
The decree №220 (Organization of laboratories of leading scientists), that is a Program of megagrants, is recognized as one of the most successful initiatives in the field of science in recent years. SPbPU is an active participant in this program.
- laboratory "Astrophysics of objects with extreme energy release" headed by professor Pavlov G.G., a leading scientist at Pennsylvania State University (USA). The project was completed in 2012;
- research laboratory of physics of improved plasma confinement in tokamaks under the supervision of Wagner F., an honorary director of Max Plank Institute of Plasma Physics Society (Germany). The project was completed in 2012;
- laboratory of molecule neurodegeneration under the supervision of Bezprozvanny I.B., professor of Southwestern Medical Center, University of Texas (USA), (works began in 2011, extended in 2014);
- molecular microbiology research laboratory under the supervision of Severinova K.V., head of the Laboratory at the Institute of Molecular Genetics and the Rutgers University (USA), (works began in 2013);
- laboratory of lightweight materials and structures under the supervision of Mikhailov V.G., director of the Research Center of lightweight materials at Brandenburg Technical University, Germany, (works began in 2014).
The effectiveness of science and research at the university is as follows:
- annual R & D (million rubles)
- the number of publications indexed in international Scopus database:
The University involvement in the implementation of the decision of the Russian Federation Government about the organization of high-tech industries (Decree №218).
- the joint project "The development of high-tech manufacturing of functional modules for highly integrated robotic systems for space exploration, as well as for special and general civil use" together with "Rocket and Space Corporation "Energia" Ltd;
- the joint project "Development and serial production of the high-tech complex for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of cancer by photodynamic therapy" together with JSC "Semiconductors";
- the joint project "Establishment of the Russian analogue of the system software for the centralized management of personal mobile devices and platforms in corporate networks", together with "CHD examination" plc;
- the joint project "Development and production of diagnostic and treatment dental laser complex" together with JSC "Semiconductors";
- the joint project "Development of technology for the design of the cylinder heads for high speed diesel and gas engines of the new generation", the total project, together with "Star" Ltd.
Projects supported by the Russian Science Foundation
|Khodorkovsky M.A.||Investigation of mechanisms and dynamics of the nucleotide-binding proteins from bacteria to humans|
|Kozlov A.P.||Study into the phenomenon of low genetic diversity of HIV-1 and detection of drug resistance in circulating virus strains in Russian|
|Bezprozvanny I.B.||The study of the molecular mechanisms of calcium signaling in neurodegenerative diseases|
|Yudin V.E.||Polymer nanocomposites for tissue engineering and transplantation|
|Aleksandrov S.E.||"Formation of nonporous coatings from nanocomposite materials such as "wear-resistant matrix nanoparticles of molybdenum disulfide (tungsten)"|
|Popovich A.A.||Development of methods for metal dispersion-strengthened, intermetallic and composite powder materials with a given size distribution and particle shape for the additive manufacturing technology of products|
|Vakhrushev S.B.||Structure and properties of self-assembled composite and meso structured ferroelectric and piezoelectric materials and multifunctional materials|
|Samsonova M.G.||Influence of genetic variability on the dynamics of segmentation gene expression in Drosophila|
|Ovid'ko I.A.||The mechanics of the new high-strength composites for innovative engineering applications|
|Belyaev A.K.||Development of fundamental approaches for determining the residual life of structures and vehicles on the basis of acoustoelasticity and plastic deformation, fatigue and hydrogen-induced degradation of the internal structure|
|Ivanter V.V.||Program-oriented management of complex development of the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation|
|Strelets M.H.||The development of hybrid RANS-LES turbulence modeling approaches and the development of efficient computational technologies for solving problems of internal and external aerodynamics and aeroacoustics.|
In the framework of scientific and research projects the academic staff of the University cooperate with the leading industrial plants and institutions, such as: "Power Machines" Ltd, "Kirov Plant" Ltd, Machine-Building Plant "Arsenal", "Proletarian plant" Ltd, State Unitary Enterprise "Admiralty Shipyards", "Baltic Plant" Ltd, "Severnaya Verf " Ltd, “Technology Center of Shipbuilding and Ship Repair" Ltd, "LOMO" Ltd, "Star" Ltd, “Klimov plant” Ltd, "Severstal" Ltd, and many others, as well as central research institutes and design engineering complexes (Central Research Institute of Structural Materials "Prometheus", Krylov Shipbuilding Research Institute, CDB for Marine Engineering "Rubin", CDB for Engineering, Central Research Institute "Electric appliances" and others.
Such world leading industrial companies as Airbus, Boeing, General Electric Power Systems, General Electric Oil and Gas, General Motors, Ford Motor Company, Mercedes Benz, Hummer, Ferrari, Renault, Caterpillar, Schlumberger, Siemens, Volkswagen, Japan Industrial Technology Association, LG Electronics, China Nuclear Power Corporation have cooperated with SPbPU in the field of research and development.