Admission procedure for international students
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR SELF-FUNDED STUDENTS
Step 1. Please, fill application form
Please, fill application form .
Submitting your documents
As soon as you receive the answer from admission manager, the following documents should be sent via e-mail:
- copy of the international passport pages (the ones with the photo, date and place of birth etc.); Upon arrival in SPbPU (at the moment of visa extension) your passport should be valid for 1.8 years.
- documents, confirming your previous education along with Russian or English authorized translation. Document requirements may depend on the program type (for example, when applying for the MSc program you should send your BSc diploma with a transcript).
Documents confirming your previous education are NOT required when applying for the following programs:
! Note Admission process starts from February1st. Check the application deadline with admission manager. Evaluation of documents may take from 1 to 3 weeks (documents for MSc, PhD and DSc programs may take more time to be considered).
- Summer and Winter Schools
- Tailored programs
Step 2. Making an invitation letter
When submitting the required documents you should write the following information:
- country of your birth;
- city of your birth;
- city of residence;
- city where the visa is issued;
- full home address;
Name of the person receiving the invitation: Contact telephone number of the person: Address: City: Country: State (Province): ZIP (Postal Code):
This information is required to issue the invitation letter by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation.! Note The process of making the invitation letter takes about 1,5 months.
Be sure to submit the documents in advance. There is NO possibility for making urgent invitations.
Step 3. Receiving an invitation letter and applying for visa
There are 2 ways you can receive an invitation letter, contract and acceptance letter:
!Note Receiving an invitation alone is NOT sufficient to enter Russia. The set of documents is necessary to apply for student visa at the Consulate/ Embassy of Russian Federation: invitation letter , contract and acceptance letter. .
- You should contact with any express post agency available in your country and organize delivery of invitation on your own.
- You or your acquaintance may come to the Admission office and collect the set of documents. The person, taking the documents, must show his passport and give his contact information (phone number and e-mail).
Step 4. Legalization and translation of documents
Please BE AWARE that by the time of your arrival at the University both your Certificate/Diploma and Transcript should be LEGALIZED (validated).
Legalization is the procedure of academic documents approval by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of your graduation and after that at the Russian Consulate. Back of your documents or their copies should be stamped by both of these establishments; there are different rules in different countries. Please, check the appropriate rules before your arrival in the Russian Federation.! Note Before your arrival you must have your educational documents (Certificate/Diploma and Transcript) translated into Russian language and notarized.
Step 5. Confirmation of your arrival
It is very important for you to confirm your arrival 2 weeks before the start of the program , otherwise your enrollment (you will not be included into the University database) and accommodation reservation will be canceled!
You will receive address of your dormitory from the manager via e-mail after confirmation of your arrival. You should arrive at least one week before the start of the program (dates of arrival are also noted in acceptance letter).Note!
- You are not advised to buy plane ticket before receiving a student visa.
- You can buy medical insurance upon arrival in SPbPU to receive medical care at the University policlinic.
- If you plan to pay with a credit card, make sure before you leave that you know your card maximum withdrawal capacity and account maintenance conditions. With some cards you may withdraw only limited amount of money. Upon arrival you should be able to pay tuition and other expenses on time.
- Read contract before arrival to SPbPU
Step 1. Dormitory (if needed)
On the day of your arrival settle in the dormitory. Show your passport to the security guard and he will lead you to your room.
Step 2. University Visa Department
At the customs area you must fill in a migration card, and after the customs officer stamps it you should always keep it with you till your departure from Russia.!Please BE AWARE
- All foreign students arriving in Russia must submit passport with visa, migration card, contract (sent along with the invitation) for registration to the Visa department within 3 days after crossing the border of the Russian Federation. The penalty for those who are late for registration may vary from paying a fine to deportation from Russia.
- All foreign students should extend student visa one month prior to the visa expiry date
Contacts:University Visa department:
- Office 112/113, 1st floor, Grazhdansky prospect 28
- Working hours: 10:00 – 17:00. Lunch break: 13:00 – 14:00
- Contact person: Veronika G. Glazova
- +7 (812) 534-32-22
Step 3. Admission Office for international students
- Take an electronic ticket from a queuing machine at the beginning of the corridor
- Visiting Admission Office you should bring the certificate ( «ПАМЯТКА»/ «ЗАЯВЛЕНИЕ») from the University Visa department
Finally, provide the Admission office with the following documents:
For Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD applicants For Foundation program applicants
- copy of passport and visa ( on one page)
- certificate from 112/113 room with all signatures
- original legalized educational documents required for the program (if needed) and their notarized translations into Russian language, notarized translation of passport into Russian language
- credential evaluation report from the Center for international credential evaluation. Address: Grazhdansky pr., 28, office 515, 5th floor
- 4 photos 3*4 cm
- results of exams
- signed applications from the Institute
- filled questionnaire
- receipts from the cashier
- medical insurance
- Office 226, 2nd floor, Grazhdansky prospect 28
Step 4. Enrollment
Enrollment for the Russian Language course/ Foundation program
Enrollment for Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD programs! ! You should complete 4 steps of admission process within 5 working days following your arrival
Once you perform all the steps successfully – congratulations, you are admitted to SPbPU!