Applying for Bachelor's Degree programs
The first university level degree is the Bachelor’s degree. To qualify for a Bachelor’s degree program, applicants should complete senior secondary education. In some cases, applicants may need to do an extra preparatory year (University foundation program) due to certain special requirements for language and scientific or mathematical studies. More information about University foundation programs you can find here.
Duration of studies: 4 years.
More information about Russian system of education you can find here.
Academic year starts on September 01 and ends at the end of June. Each academic year consists of 2 semesters (September-January and February-June). Exact dates of academic calendar are updated every year. Information about public holidays in Russia you can find here .
- High school diploma/certificate with the list of grades or vocational education institution diploma/certificate with the list of grades.
- Language requirements:
- Level of Russian proficiency B1 (for Russian-taught programs)
Level of English proficiency B1 (for English-taught programs)
- Official language certificates are not required. In case you have a language certificate, you can submit it with the other application documents.
- International passport valid at least for 1.5 years (18 months) after the expected date of your arrival in Russia.
1. Application period starts on March 25, 2024.
2. Application deadlines:
Full-time and extramural study modes
July 01, 2024 – for applicants from countries with visa regime
August 20, 2024 – for applicants from visa-free countries
3. Start of the academic year 2024-2025
- Full-time study mode: September 01, 2024
- Extramural study mode: October 01, 2024
4. Enrollment and tuition fee payment is possible until September 20, 2024.
- Copy of international passport (page with photo and personal data). Please, note that your passport must be valid for at least 20 months as of the date of your arrival to the university (date of the visa extension/registration).
- Copy of educational document with transcript of records* (high school diploma/certificate with the list of grades or vocational education institution diploma/certificate with the list of grades). In case you have not yet received educational document, you may submit current transcript of records and enrollment certificate.
- Translation of educational document with transcript of records into Russian or English for preliminary documents evaluation.
- Copy of TORFL certificate if applicable (сертификат ТРКИ).
*Original educational documents with transcript of records, official notarized translation of these documents into Russian and copies of the original documents and the translations should be submitted at the enrollment unless otherwise directed by the Admission procedure for degree programs. .
Please note, that the original educational documents should be legalized (depending on of the country where they were issued). More information about legalization you can find here.).
- Russian language exam
- Mathematics exam
- Social science exam
- English language exam
- Chemistry exam
- Drawing and painting
- Composition (starting from composition #4)
- Volume-spatial composition (compositions #1-3)
If you have an international exam certificate confirming the level of proficiency in English, it can be evaluated as the results of your English entrance exam (for English-taught programs). The results are accepted in accordance with the following table:
Level / score
Score in SPbPU
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||90-109||60|
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)||6,0||60|
|7,0 and higher||100|
|Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)||C1||100|
|Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)||C2||100|
|First Certificate in English (FCE)||B2||75|
|Business English Certificate (BEC)||Preliminary (B1)||60|
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR A PERSONAL COMPUTER OR LAPTOP:
During the application period 2024 all entrance exams will be organized online.
Entrance exams schedule is uploaded to SPbPU online application system. You will be able to sign up for the entrance exams when your application is accepted.
Entrance exams results will be available in SPbPU online application system (section “Application”, subsection “Entrance exams”).
Foreign students enrolled in full-time degree programs have an opportunity to stay at the student dormitory on campus. Detailed information you may find here.
RENTING A FLAT
If you are not interested to be a dormitory resident, you have to find housing independently. This process could take more time in the end of August –beginning of September due to the beginning of study year. Please note that starting from summer 2019, students renting apartments/rooms must register themselves with the help of landlords. We advise you to discuss this issue with the landlord in advance, as there are more cases of owners refusing to register students.
Foreign students have to obtain medical insurance certificates after arrival. This certificate should be valid in Russia and include health insurance, life insurance and cover repatriation in case of death. We strongly recommend you to obtain medical insurance certificate on the territory of Russia.
More information about medical insurance you can find here.