International Polytechnic Winter School 2021
Enjoy your unforgettable winter holidays with us!
Come, learn, and explore one of the most beautiful cities of Russia in winter time: exciting cultural and social life, picturesque surroundings and suburbs. St. Petersburg is a true entertaining cosmopolitan with the large cultural contribution.
Here you may enjoy enormous amount of popular cultural places to see since our city is on the UNESCO world heritage list. Besides you may explore opera, ballet and classical music programs performed at a high level of proficiency and try out St. Petersburg night life at cafes, bars, discos and lovely venues to walk and feel the romantic spirit of the snowy city.
- 20+high-quality programs in 6 fields of study run by the largest Summer and Winter School in Russia*
- Tuition fee is 135 EUR per week (twice lower than for our offline courses)
- 40% discounts for the tuition fee for most of summer on-campus summer on-site programs in a relevant field of study in summer 2021*
- World-class professors and experts from over the globe
- Joint online courses with partner universities
- Certificates with ECTS credits upon successful completion of a course
- Classes in the format of lectures and practical tasks
- Interaction with international students within a team project work
- Socio-cultural program of extracurricular activities and networking events (such as online Pub Quiz, online interactive Campus Tour with international students buddies etc.)
*SPbPU Summer School is ranked as the biggest one in Russia according to the study results of the federal project "Export of Education". ** Available only for students who will have participated in the online courses of a relevant field of study in winter 2021.
|Name of the field / program||ECTS credits||Dates|
|Engineering and Natural Science (ENS)|
|Space Technologies: fundamentals||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Information and Digital Technologies (IDT)|
|Artificial Intelligence for All||2.0||Nov 16 – Nov 22|
|Big Data: Theory and Application||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Cyber Systems Technology||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Machine Learning: Theory and Application||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Game design: 3D Character Animation||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Civil Engineering (CE)|
|Civil Engineering||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Digital Construction||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Energy Technology (ET)|
|Nuclear Engineering||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Turbomachinery||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Electrical Engineering||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Oil & Gas||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Digitalization in the Energy Industry||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Power Electronics||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Renewable Energy||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Business and Management (BM)|
|Doing Business in Russia||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Technology Entrepreneurship||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Sport Management & Marketing (Polytech – University of Lorraine) *in cooperation with INSHS||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
|Russian Studies (RS)|
|Russian Language & Culture||4.0||Jan 18 – Jan 29|
Outstanding professors will challenge you to explore the theme and increase your knowledge of the subject. Study methods emphasize student’s active participation and involvement. Case studies, group discussions and field trips are an integral part of the learning process in addition to lectures.
All the modules are developed according to the European requirements and can be recognized as a period abroad. Upon successful completion of the course students receive SPbPU certificate with courses, ECTS credits and grades specification.
Friendly managers and experienced English-speaking tutors will make the stay of winter school students comfortable, pleasant and safe and will help them to settle in and explore St. Petersburg.
Winter School is held in the best time of local winter - fabulous snowy streets, roofs and trees will make you feel a truly fairytale mood. Besides St. Petersburg is considered to be one of the world’s most beautiful cities and has everything for the unforgettable travel experience: marvelous sights, rich cultural traditions, eventful nightlife.
With our friendly community you may explore fantastic on-campus life and everyday outside activities! The university’s campus is located between 4 metro stations, and all of them are 15-20 minutes far from the city center.
All our guests are offered with double or triple accommodation in an apartment with shared facilities and a kitchen in the comfortable student dormitory. All the apartments are equipped with a bed, bedside table, desk, chairs, wardrobe, curtains, and bed clothes. There are also limited free wi-fi zones in the dormitory lobbies.
The following catering options are available:
- Self-catering in the student canteen on campus;
- ordering meals in the IIEP (SPbPU Institute of International Educational Programs) student canteen (at the preliminary request).
We offer our students not only excursions to St. Petersburg most famous palaces, monuments and museums, but also a number of field trips to the leading international factories and enterprises.
Individual students are required to send their applications to the module coordinator via e-mail.
- Students under 18 can be admitted to the program only in case they come in group with a teacher or supervisor. Students over 18 can be admitted either in group or individually.
- Previous educational background depends on the program.
- Completed online application form (to be requested from coordinator);
- Scanned copy of international passport (for non-EU citizens passport should be valid for more than 18 months after the program beginning date);
- Jpeg photo, passport size.
Don’t miss your chance and get the most of your winter holidays!
In late February, Saint Petersburg’s magnificent streets, colourful facades, and its cultural as well as its (particularly..
It was a wonderful experience, which I would do again, surely. Landscapes and city that, covered by snow, had a magical s..
Hello everyone, I am Yibing Zhao from Tsinghua University, Beijing. I was in the program 'Doing Business in Russia' of In..
Hi, it's been a great time after the winter school. Now I am pursuing my postgraduate course. So far I have attended few i..