Applying for Master's Degree programs
SPbPU guarantees all foreign citizens upon their admission to full-time undergraduate or graduate programs and successful completion of those the issuance of a full-fledged state-recognized degree of full-time education standard.
Master's degree is a second-cycle academic degree. A Master's degree normally requires previous study at the bachelor's level, either as a separate degree or as part of an integrated course program. In some cases you may need to do an extra preparatory year due to certain special requirements for language and scientific studies. More information about University foundation programs you can find here.
Duration of studies: 2 years.
More information about Russian system of education you can find here.
Academic year starts on September 01 and ends at the end of June. Each academic year consists of 2 semesters (September-January and February-June). Exact dates of academic calendar are updated every year. Information about public holidays in Russia you can find here .
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Bachelor’s or specialist’s degree diploma/certificate with the list of grades.
- Language requirements:
- Level of Russian proficiency B1 (for Russian-taught programs)
- Level of English proficiency B1 (for English-taught programs)
- Official language certificates are not required. In case you have a language certificate, you can submit it with the other application documents.
- International passport valid minimum for 2 years from the start of an academic year (September 01).
1. Application period starts on February 01, 2021.
2. Application deadlines:
|Full-time study mode||
July 01, 2021 – for applicants from countries with visa regime
September 01, 2021 – for applicants from visa-free countries
3. Start of the academic year 2021-2022: September 01, 2021
4. Enrollment and tuition fee payment is possible until September 25, 2021.
- Copy of international passport (page with photo and personal data). Please, note that your passport must be valid for at least 20 months as of the date of your arrival to the university (date of the visa extension/registration).
- Copy of educational document with transcript of records* (bachelor’s or specialist’s degree diploma/certificate with the list of grades). In case you have not yet received educational document, you may submit current transcript of records and enrollment certificate.
- Translation of educational document with transcript of records into Russian or English for preliminary documents evaluation
- Copy of TORFL certificate if applicable (сертификат ТРКИ).
*Original educational documents with transcript of records, official notarized translation of these documents into Russian and copies of the original documents and the translations should be submitted at the enrollment unless otherwise directed by the Admission procedure for degree programs.
Please note, that the original educational documents should be legalized (depending on of the country where they were issued). More information about legalization you can find here.).
During the application period 2021 all entrance exams will be organized online.
Entrance exams depend on the selected program.
- Study field exam. For more information about the exam, please, contact the program coordinator
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR A PERSONAL COMPUTER OR LAPTOP:
Instruction for registration of foreign citizens in the SPbPU remote exam system FOR RUSSIAN LANGUAGE EXAM:
Instruction for registration of foreign citizens in the SPbPU remote exam system FOR STUDY FIELD ENTRANCE EXAM:
SCHEDULE OF ENTRANCE EXAMS FOR MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMS (FOR FOREIGN APPLICANTS ONLY)
Information for applicants of Master’s degree programs taught in RUSSIAN:
- Study field entrance exam schedule
- Russian language entrance exam schedule:
There are 6 periods of entrance exams in 2021:
- 1 period: April, 19 - 22
- 2 period: May
- 3 period: June
- 4 period: July
- 5 period: August
- 6 period: September
Dates of the online entrance tests (2-6 period) will be announced later.
Schedule for 1 period of online entrance exams:
|Month||Date||Subject||Time (GMT+3)||Type of exam|
|April||19.04. Monday||Russian language||12.00||Online exam (test form)|
|14.00||Online exam (interview)|
|21.04. Wednesday||Russian language||12.00||Online exam (test form)|
|14.00||Online exam (interview)|
Information for applicants of Master’s degree programs taught in ENGLISH:
Please, contact your program coordinator for more details about entrance exam
Foreign students enrolled in full-time degree programs have an opportunity to stay at the student dormitory on campus. Detailed information you may find here.
RENTING A FLAT
If you are not interested to be a dormitory resident, you have to find housing independently. This process could take more time in the end of August –beginning of September due to the beginning of study year.
Please note that starting from summer 2019, students renting apartments/rooms must register themselves with the help of landlords. We advise you to discuss this issue with the landlord in advance, as there are more cases of owners refusing to register students.
Foreign students have to obtain medical insurance certificates after arrival. This certificate should be valid in Russia and include health insurance, life insurance and cover repatriation in case of death. We strongly recommend you to obtain medical insurance certificate on the territory of Russia.
More information about medical insurance you can find here.