Falling Walls Lab St. Petersburg 2018 calls for talented researchers and professionals to showcase their most innovative ideas
Outstanding researchers, entrepreneurs and professionals can as of now apply for the Falling Walls Lab St.Petersburg to present their research work initiatives or business models to their peers and a distinguished jury from academia and business. Each participant has 3-minute time on stage.
In 2018, international Falling Walls Labs take place all over the world and call for the application of Bachelor and Master students, postdocs, young professionals, entrepreneurs and junior professors. Ground-breaking research projects, initiatives, ideas and business models from all disciplines are welcome.
The winner of every international Falling Walls Lab will be awarded a slot for the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin on 8 November 2018 and a ticket to the Falling Walls Conference on 9 November 2018. In total 100 applicants qualify for the Finale in Berlin. Each finalist will receive the opportunity to present their research work, initiative or business model within three minutes in front of a high-calibre jury from academia, research and business. The three winners receive a cash prize and give their talks again on the grand stage of the Falling Walls Conference on the next day. At the Conference 20 world-class scientists from across the globe present their current breakthrough research answering the question: “Which are the next walls to fall?”
The aim of the Falling Walls Lab is to foster scientific and entrepreneurial innovations and to promote the exchange between outstanding scholars and professionals emerging from different fields of expertise.
The Falling Walls Lab St.Petersburg takes place on 20 April 2018 at Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University. Applications can be submitted online through the website www.falling-walls.com/lab/apply The Application Deadline closes by 12.03.2018.
The Falling Walls Lab St.Petersburg is hosted by Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and and the German House of Research and Innovation in Moscow (DWIH) and is supported by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany.
If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Concept Falling Walls Lab:
- Selection criteria for participants:
18 years or older – Bachelor and Master students, postdocs, young professionals, entrepreneurs and junior professors;
- if a person has a Bachelor’s degree, the degree should not date back more than 10 years, a Master’s degree – 7 years;
- if a person has a PhD, the degree should not date back more than 5 years;
- postdocs and students currently enrolled in university are also eligible to apply.
- 3 ppt-slides and exactly 3 minutes time to present;
- the language of the speech and presentation is English;
- the jury consists of Russian and German experts from academia, research institutions, business and politics.
- win a trip to the global Lab Finale in Berlin and a ticket for the Falling Walls Conference;
- Falling Walls Lab St.Petersburg is organised by Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, the DAAD and the DWIH and supported by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany;
- the Falling Walls Lab St.Petersburg takes place on 20 April 2018 at 15:30 at Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University.
For further information and the online application form please visit www.falling-walls.com/lab
About: The Falling Walls Lab is an interdisciplinary format to showcase the next generation of top researchers developed and hosted annually by the Falling Walls Foundation in Berlin on 8 November. In 3-minute talks, outstanding talents and innovative thinkers share their research projects, business models and social initiatives with an interdisciplinary audience and jury. Academic institutions worldwide are invited to host their own Falling Walls Lab and to send their winner/s to the Falling Walls Lab Finale on 8 November 2018 in Berlin.