Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
The Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies (IAMT) is based on the experience and competences of a leading Russian engineering center, the “Centre of Computer Engineering” of Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (CompMechLab). The center has been successfully operating in the engineering market for more than 20 years, serving Russian and international industries.
IAMT is a leader in the area of advanced manufacturing technologies, providing close links between the university and industrial partners in the following sectors: automotive, engine technologies, mechanical engineering, instrumentation, shipbuilding, nuclear energy and engineering, oil&gas and the space industry.
Mission and Goals:
- Research, development and implementation of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies for modern hi- tech industries.
- Development and design of “best-in-class” products using the (Simulation & Optimization)-Driven Design approach.
- Multidisciplinary industrial solutions provided by Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) technologies.
- Training a new generation of globally competitive engineers capable of working with complicated industrial challenges.
IAMT possesses extensive hardware infrastructure to provide multivariant finite element calculations using full-scale high-definition models that include tens of millions of degrees of freedom that ensure minimal divergence between computer models and natural experiments.
- CAD (Computer-Aided Design)
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- MBD (Multi-Body Dynamics)
- CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics)
- FSI (Fluid-Structure Interaction)
- CAO (Computer-Aided Optimization)
- EMA (Electro-Magnetic Analysis)
- HPC (High-Performance Computing)