Exploring the Russian Heritage: Language, History, Literature, Economics
JUNE 25 – JULY 22, 2018
Do you want to study Russian language and have a range of additional elective courses to choose from? Join this Summer School!
Enjoy having holidays in the most charming city of Russia and earn academic credits at the same time! This summer school module comprises a range of elective courses helping our students to explore Russia from inside: language study is combined with culture and economics classes, field trips and excursions to the world famous sights of St.Petersburg and its suburbs.
Arrival: June 22 – 24, 2018
Classes:June June 25 – July 20, 2018
Departure: July 21 – 23, 2018
For those who cannot start the program on June 25, we offer a 3-weeks option for July 2 – July 22, 2018.
ECTS credits: 4/6
The students can take two courses as maximum: 1 morning course and 1 afternoon course
Russian Language: 4 ECTS. Levels available: beginners, intermediate, upper-intermediate, advanced
History & Culture of St.Petersburg: 2 ECTS
International Economic Relations: 2 ECTS
Russian Business Culture and Business Environment: 2 ECTS
Russian Literature: 2 ECTS.
2 weeks – 22 680 RUB (equivalent of 360 Euro according to Russian Central Bank rate on 10.02.2017)
3 weeks – 36 300 RUB (equivalent of 480 Euro according to Russian Central Bank rate on 10.02.2017)
4 weeks – 4 weeks – 45 400 RUB (equivalent of 600 Euro according to Russian Central Bank rate on 10.02.2017)
Participation fee includes tuition fees, cultural activities, field trips, study materials, visa support (Invitation letter issuance).
Deadline for registration:
- for non-EU citizens: April 16, 2018
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: May 28, 2018
The cultural program includes:
- bus trip to Peterhof, the former imperial residence, famous for its amazing fountain and museum ensemble. Along with visiting the Grand Palace you will enjoy the walk in the Upper- and Lower parks and see numerous fountains, including the Grand Cascade and the Samson Fountain.
- bus trip to Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo), the former imperial residence, famous for its palace and park ensemble. You will visit one of the most beautiful palaces — Palace of Russian Empress Catherine the Great. The peak of this excursion will be a visit to the world-famous Amber Room reconstructed in 2003
- Visit to the “Baltica” Brewery where you can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
For the application package please contact the Program Coordinator via e-mail.
- Science degree:
- phD in Engineering Science
- Science title:
- associate professor
- Deputy Director for International Relations - Higher School of International Educational Programs