Speak as Professional: Russian Language for Business
SESSION 1: 2-22 JULY, 2018
SESSION 2: 6-26 AUGUST, 2018
Do you want to use Russian Language with confidence in your professional life? Join this Summer School!
Today Russia is one of the world’s most promising and prospective fields for doing business and a key player in the major industries. Learning Russian Language now is a smart investment in your future success. This intensive program is designed for those who would like to learn how to use the Russian Language in professional life and understand how Russian business works. And St.Petersburg with its rich history and arts will definitively inspire you for further achievements!
Arrival: June30-July 01, 2018 (session 1), August 04-05, 2018 (session 2)
Classes: July 02-20, 2018 (session 1), August 06-24, 2018 (session 2)
Departure: July 21-22, 2018 (session 1), August 25-26, 2018 (session 2)
Indoor classes are enhanced with the field trips, case studies, group and individual activities. All the courses are developed in accordance with the international standards and can be recognized as a period of studies abroad.
ECTS credits (total): 6
Russian Language for Business Communication (sessions 1 and 2): 4.5 ECTS
Russian Business Culture and Communication (session 1): 1,5 ECTS
Intercultural Business Communication (session 2): 1,5 ECTS
30 240 RUB (equivalent of 480 Euro according to Russian Central Bank rate on 10.02.2017)
Participation fee includes tuition fees, cultural activities, field trips, study materials, visa support (Invitation letter issuance).
Deadline for registration:
- for non-EU citizens: May 15, 2018
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: June 10, 2018
In the end of the basic course, students will be able:
- to write business letters, announcements,
- to fill out document templates and forms (application for a loan, purchase order, etc.),
- to read the business texts (business letters, advertisement, announcements, contractual agreements);
- to conduct business conversations both by telephone and in person,
- to listen and to understand conversation of business partners, business phone calls, speeches at meetings, advertisement, etc.
Lexical and grammatical objectives: grammatical and lexical units, specific for business style. Topics:
- Joint and Foreign Enterprises;
- Exhibitions. Fairs. Auctions;
- Prices. Terms of Supply and Payment;
- Banks and Stock exchanges.
Key concepts of the Russian business culture (collectivism, egalitarianism and soul) are considered together with structure and hierarchy in Russian companies, working relationships in Russia, business practices in Russia, attitude towards foreign partners, gender aspects etc.
Such partial issues as business dress code, meals and business etiquette, gifts are also taken into consideration.
Field trips to the leading companies are a part of the course. Field trips to the leading companies are a part of the course.
The cultural program includes:
- full-day bus trip to Peterhof, the former imperial residence, famous for its amazing fountain and museum ensemble. Along with visiting the Grand Palace you will enjoy the walk in the Upper- and Lower parks and see numerous fountains, including the Grand Cascade and the Samson Fountain
- bus trip to Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo), the former imperial residence, famous for its palace and park ensemble. You will visit one of the most beautiful palaces — Palace of Russian Empress Catherine the Great. The peak of this excursion will be a visit to the world-famous Amber Room reconstructed in 2003
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Farewell Boat trip
All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
For the application package please contact the Program Coordinator via e-mail.
- Science degree:
- phD in Engineering Science
- Science title:
- associate professor
- Deputy Director for International Relations - Higher School of International Educational Programs