The Challenge of the White Nights: Language, Politics and Art
05 – 25 JUNE
Do you want to study Russian Language and enjoy the White Nights in the “Cultural Capital” of Russia? Join this summer school!
June is the best month to come for those who would like to enjoy the famous White Nights and earn academic credits at the same time. We provide our students with excellent opportunities to gain or improve the Russian language skills and to learn about history, art and politics of Russia.
Arrival: June 3-4, 2017
Classes: June 05-25,2017
Departure: June 26-27, 2017
Indoor classes are enhanced with the field trips, case studies, group and individual acticities. All the courses are developed in accordance with the international standards and can be recognized as a period of studies abroad.
ECTS credits: 4.5
Russian language: 3 ECTS. Levels available: beginners, intermediate, upper-intermediate, advanced
Politics of Modern Russia: 0,5 ECTS
History of the Russian Art: 0,5 ECTS
2 weeks – 22 680 RUB (equivalent of 360 Euro according to Russian Central Bank rate on 10.02.2017)
3 weeks – 30 240 RUB (equivalent of 480 Euro according to Russian Central Bank rate on 10.02.2017)
Participation fee includes: tuition fees, cultural activities, field trips, study materials, visa support (Invitation letter issuance)
Deadline for registration:
- for non-EU citizens: April 5, 2017
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: May 20, 2017
The cultural program includes:
- the White Nights Bus City Tour where you will see the Bridges Opening.
- bus trip to Peterhof, the former imperial residence, famous for its amazing fountain and museum ensemble. Along with visiting the Grand Palace you will enjoy the walk in the Upper- and Lower parks and see numerous fountains, including the Grand Cascade and the Samson Fountain.
- bus trip to Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo), the former imperial residence, famous for its palace and park ensemble. You will visit one of the most beautiful palaces — Palace of Russian Empress Catherine the Great. The peak of this excursion will be a visit to the world-famous Amber Room reconstructed in 2003
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
For the application package please contact the Program Coordinator via e-mail.
- Science degree:
- phD in Engineering Science
- Science title:
- associate professor
- Deputy Director for International Relations - Higher School of International Educational Programs