Photonics and Nanoelectronics
Looking for challenges for your development? Choose the course of Photonics and Nanoelectronics!
Photonics and Nanoelectronics are cutting-edge issues playing a crucial role in the technology development of the future. The MSc Program of Photonics and Nanoelectronics is designed to provide students with comprehensive knowledge of the state-of-the-art experimental techniques and theoretical methods in this area of expertise. Since the primary target audience of this course is international students the Master’s program in Photonics and Nanoelectronics is fully taught in English.
Program profile. Major areas of expertise:
- Modern optics;
- Semiconductor physics;
- Materials Technology;
- Laser development;
- Publishing and scientific research work.
Graduates of this course will acquire a pertinent qualification and will be able to apply their knowledge in a variety of industries and Research & Development centers
Tuition fee per year:
- for foreign students: 286 000 Rubles
- for Russian students: 209 000 Rubles
You are kindly required to fill in an on-line application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
- students are taught in English by highly-expertized professors in the physics field;
- basic background in the area of up-to-date physics;
- challenges to implement a self-study project in any area chosen;
- analytical skills, critical reasoning and problem solving skills development;
- scientific research activities, regular participation in seminars, conferences and forums;
- joint projects and research activities with teachers' engagement;
- cross-cultural studies and other extracurricular activities at the University;
- scholarships to study abroad in English in one of the European partner universities (a semester or a summer school)
Lappeenranta University of Technology, LUT (Finland) is a pioneering science university in Finland, bringing together the fields of science and business since 1969. The international community is composed of approximately 6,500 students and experts engaged in scientific research and academic education. The university is constantly expanding its networks in both the business and the academic community
University of Eastern Finland (Finland) is a multidisciplinary university, which offers teaching in more than 100 major subjects. The university's key interdisciplinary research areas are built around four global challenges: Ageing, lifestyles and health; Learning in a digitized society; Cultural encounters, mobilities and borders; and Environmental change and sufficiency of natural resources. The university has extensive international relations and it is involved in several international networks. The University of Eastern Finland seeks to be among the leading 200 research universities in the world.
Aalto University (Finland) was created as a merger of three leading Finnish universities: the Helsinki University of Technology (established 1849), the Helsinki School of Economics (established 1904), and the University of Art and Design Helsinki (established 1871). The university comprises six schools with over 19,000 students and 5,000 staff members, thus being Finland's third-largest university. Aalto University is all about cross-disciplinary projects and learning in practice. Aalto University works towards a better world through top-quality research, interdisciplinary collaboration, pioneering education, surpassing traditional boundaries, and enabling renewal.
Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - Saint-Petersburg - will reward you with unforgettable experience!Learn more about MSc Degree Photonics and Nanoelectronics