Power Plant Engineering
If you are interested in power plants operation and maintenance welcome to our Power Plant Engineering course!
The Master’s Degree Program in Power Plant Engineering comprises a wide range of power engineering subjects aimed at theoretical and practical training. The Master’s degree programs have been developed to train highly qualified professionals to design, operate and maintain power plants. The program is carried out in partnership with leading universities and offers an opportunity to get a double degree diploma.
Program profile. Major areas of expertise:
- Advanced knowledge of thermodynamics;
- Power Plant Operation and Design;
- Modeling and Simulation of power plants;
- Operation modes of power plants;
- Energy efficient technologies and solutions in energy industry;
- Environmental safety;
- Publishing and scientific research work.
Tuition fee per year:
- for foreign students: 285 000 Rubles
- for CIS and Baltic countries students: 250 000 Rubles
- for Russian students: 200 000 Rubles
Since the program is very popular among foreign students we’ve designed three possible individual educational tracks for Master’s degree to choose from:
Diploma: awarded by SPbPU, Russia
Double Diploma: awarded by Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland and SPbPU, Russia
Successful graduates from the study program will be awarded with three degrees:
Master of Science (MSc) in Technology (Energytechnology)
from Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
Master of Science (MSc) in Power Plant Engineering
from Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia
You are kindly required to fill in an on-line application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
Upon graduation participants will become proficient in the field of modern energy sector. Our graduates of “Power Plant Engineering” Master’s degree program are highly-trained professional engineers able to inform analysis, evaluation and implementation of the state-of-the-art technical solutions aimed at improving the energy efficiency of power plants. Our graduates develop practical skills and professional competences in the design and operation of power plants, including construction, commissioning, start-up and management; and the capability to simulate and analyze the operation of power plants with the use of up-to-date sophisticated software. Leading professors of Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University and other leading Russian and foreign universities are engaged in educational process.
- double degree diploma;
- the course is delivered in English;
- visits to industrial facilities;
- scientific research activities, regular participation in seminars, conferences and forums;
- joint projects and research activities with teachers' engagement;
- international contacts for future career at top positions;
- cross-cultural studies and other extracurricular activities at the University;
- scholarships to study abroad in English in one of the European partner universities (a semester or a summer school).
With the aim to train highly-qualified experts being able to perform a comprehensive analysis and accurate evaluation and implementation of the state-of-the-art technical solutions aimed at improving the energy efficiency of power plants.
Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland). Strategic focus areas of this university are green energy, technology and the sustainable value creation, and the international role as a hub of Russian relations Master Degree Program “Energy Technology”
TGC-1 is the leading producer of electricity and heat in the North-West region of Russia and the second largest territorial generating company in Russia in terms of installed capacity.
South-West Power Plant is the energy facility of a new generation equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment, modern energy systems and process automation.
Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - Saint-Petersburg - will reward you with unforgettable experience!Learn more about MSc Degree Power Plant Engineering
- Sultan Makoev, Program Coordinator
- +7 (812) 904-10-54
- +7 (981) 691-10-84
- skype: mckoy717
- Alena Aleshina, Deputy Director for International Programs and Foreign Students in the Institute of Energy and Transport Systems
- +7 (812) 552-89-45
- +7 (904) 634-39-49
- Polytechnicheskaya, 29, University building, 195251 St. Petersburg