Doing Business in Russia - Winter School
JANUARY 21 — FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Would you like to know how to do business in Russia and enjoy your winter holidays in the cultural capital of Russia - the city of Saint-Petersburg? Join this winter school!
Within this winter course you will gain knowledge about Russian business, culture, identity, national history, government, customs, traditions, you’ll visit the “Baltika” brewery company, “Hyundai” factory, while extra academic activities will bring you into inner life of the Russian Cultural Capital.
Arrival: Jan 19 – 20, 2019
Classes: Jan 21 – Feb 01, 2019
Departure: Feb 02 – 03, 2019
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 5.0
Participation fee: Early bird (until November 12, 2018): 450 euro;
Regular: 530 euro.
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips, cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Pub Quiz in the city center of St. Petersburg OR sleigh riding (depends on weather).
- Excursion to Pushkin (Tsarskoye Selo), former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room.
- Field trip to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant.
- Field trip to the “Hyundai” plant where participants will learn about production and management technologies of the factory.
Deadline for registration:
- for non-EU citizens: November 12, 2018
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: December 17, 2018
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Age: over 18 years old. Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies.
Request the application form via e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is aimed at giving students information about business environment in Russia as a whole, major markets and industries, main investors, at explaining the major trends of Russia’s political, economic and social development. In addition the course includes field trips to the leading international companies in the region: “Baltika” brewery and “Hyundai” factory.
The main goal of this course is to acquaint students with the theory of entrepreneurship and provide them with practical skills in opening and doing business in Russia.
This course is aimed at developing students’ competences in making a marketing strategy from a scratch based on the marketing-mix. Intensive training focused on building up their skills in conducting marketing research, interpreting the results and organizing the work of marketing department in fit with the results provided. Students get acquainted with the uniqueness of marketing in Russia.
Students are divided into groups depending on the entrance test results. By the end of the course students should improve their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Students will be able to improve their understanding of Russian native speakers (in the bounds of the covered lexical and grammar material); to maintain dialogues on particular topics using words and grammar studied.
Professors and lecturers:
Tatiana Khvatova, Professor, D.Sc;
Oksana Evseeva, Associate Professor, D.Sc;
Alexei Trykov, Assistant Professor, PhD;
Irina Gladkikh and Irina Baranova, Associate Professors, D.Sc.