Doing Business in Russia - Winter School
JANUARY 27 — FEBRUARY 07, 2020
Would you like to know how to do business in Russia and enjoy your winter holidays in the cultural capital of Russia - the city of Saint-Petersburg? Join this winter school!
Within this winter course you will gain knowledge about Russian business, culture, identity, national history, government, customs, traditions, you’ll visit the “Baltika” brewery company, while extra academic activities will bring you into inner life of the Russian Cultural Capital.
Arrival: Jan 25 – 26, 2020
Classes: Jan 27 – Feb 07, 2020
Departure: Feb 08 – 09, 2020
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 5.0
- Early bird registration fee: 510 euro
- Regular registration fee: 540 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, visits to companies and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Pub Quiz;
- Excursion to the Kunstkamera museum, a cabinet of curiosity;
- Field trip to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant;
- Full-day Wintry Event with sleigh riding and skating (optional for extra price).
Deadline for registration:
Early bird deadline: October 28, 2019
- for non-EU citizens: November 18, 2019
- for EU, Iranian and Indian citizens, citizens of visa-free countries: December 16, 2019
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required;
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies.
Request the application form via e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is aimed at giving students information about business environment in Russia as a whole, major markets and industries, main investors, at explaining the major trends of Russia’s political, economic and social development. In addition the course includes a field trip to the “Baltika” brewery factory.
The main goal of this course is to acquaint students with the theory of entrepreneurship and provide them with practical skills in opening and doing business in Russia.
This course is aimed at developing students’ competences in making a marketing strategy from a scratch based on the marketing-mix. Intensive training focused on building up their skills in conducting marketing research, interpreting the results and organizing the work of marketing department in fit with the results provided. Students get acquainted with the uniqueness of marketing in Russia.
Students are divided into groups depending on the entrance test results. By the end of the course students should improve their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Students will be able to improve their understanding of Russian native speakers (in the bounds of the covered lexical and grammar material) to maintain dialogues on particular topics using words and grammar studied.
Professors and lecturers:
Tatiana Khvatova, Professor, D.Sc;
Oksana Evseeva, Associate Professor, D.Sc;
Alexei Trykov, Assistant Professor, PhD;
Irina Gladkikh and Irina Baranova, Associate Professors, D.Sc.