Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development — Winter School
JANUARY 27 — FEBRUARY 07, 2020
This program offers training in the field of energy efficiency technologies and renewable energy. You will gain essential technical skills in this area as well as study financial, marketing and managerial aspects of modern business. Multidisciplinary approach, critical review of existing practice throughout the program will enable you to come up with original and creative solutions to problems within the energy sector.
Arrival: Jan 25 – 26, 2020
Classes: Jan 27 – Feb 07, 2020
Departure: Feb 08 – 09, 2020
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 5.0
- Early bird registration fee: 540 euro
- Regular registration fee: 570 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, visits to companies and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Pub Quiz;
- Excursion to the Kunstkamera museum, a cabinet of curiosity;
- Field trip to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant;
- Full-day Wintry Event with sleigh riding and skating (optional for extra price).
Tutors' support and intercultural experience
To make your experience as safe and rich in impressions as possible, our team of tutors will provide you with constant support and friendly assistance, be it airport pick-up or additional speaking practice or a company for exploring the most breathtaking places of St. Petersburg.
Deadline for registration:
Early bird deadline: October 28, 2019
- for non-EU citizens: November 18, 2019
- for EU, Iranian and Indian citizens, citizens of visa-free countries: December 16, 2019
- Basic knowledge in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering;
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required;
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 years of University level studies.
Please request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: email@example.com
The course content includes:
- Urban Energy Mining; modernization of the urban environment, opportunities for development and innovative technologies;
- Energy Efficiency of Urban Systems and Buildings; Energy Consumption Assessment; Building Energy Simulation;
- Energy Economics; Energy Economics Concepts, Issues, Markets and Governance; Environmental policy for energy markets;
- Sustainable Energy Development; concept of Sustainable Development, the environmental, social and economic dimensions.