Russian Language & Culture - Winter School
JANUARY 27 — FEBRUARY 07, 2020
Would you like to obtain or improve your Russian language skills, learn more about the Russian culture and spend unforgettable winter holidays in the magic city of Saint-Petersburg? Join this winter school!
This Winter school offers intensive Russian language study combined with the English-taught courses on History, Art & Contemporary Russian life and diverse cultural activities providing our students with unforgettable international experience.
Arrival: Jan 25 – 26, 2020
Classes: Jan 27 – Feb 07, 2020
Departure: Feb 08 – 09, 2020
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 5.0
Early bird participation fee: 360 Euro
Regular participation fee: 430 Euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips, cultural program, invitation letter issuance.
The cultural program includes:
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- City downtown tour and quest;
- Excursion to Pushkin (Tsarskoye Selo), former tsar’s residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine’s Palace and the unique Amber room;
- Traditional Russian Wintry Event with sleigh riding and skating (optional for extra price).
Early bird deadline: October 28, 2019
- for non-EU citizens: November 18, 2019
- for EU, Iranian and Indian citizens, citizens of visa-free countries: December 16, 2019
The course is open for the students with the levels A0-B2 (including absolute beginners).
The course is aimed at obtaining and improving the main communication skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. It helps to break the communication barrier and facilitates better understanding of Russian language. The students are divided into small groups according to their levels.
Apart from the classroom study, each week we arrange speaking clubs and social activities helping you to start talking in Russian.
The course provides an overview of the progress of Russian art in a historical context, acquaints the students with principal trends of Russian art and architecture, the formation of different styles and the creations of the most remarkable Russian artists. The course is conducted in English language.
The course describes and explains the major elements of contemporary Russian life to facilitate your understanding of the modern Russian society and our mentality. The course is conducted in English language.