Space Technologies— Winter School
JANUARY 27 — FEBRUARY 07, 2020
Do you want to learn more about space telecommunication and have exciting holidays in the most beautiful city of Russia? Join this Winter School!
The Winter School course "Space Technologies" is suitable for senior undergraduate and graduate students as the first space technology course or an add-on course. The program aims to provide advanced techniques of space engineering and understanding the core physics principles related to space exploration. Space industry problems are also considered during the program in addition to technology topics. The theoretical courses cover astrophysics, space technology and physics. Students will train their practical skills during a hackathon (a creative coding marathon) and an interactive business simulation workshop. The speakers are industry experts and scientists experienced in the field of space technology.
6-hours intensive course of Survival Russian is also included into the syllabus.
Arrival: Jan 25 – 26, 2020
Classes: Jan 27 – Feb 07, 2020
Departure: Feb 08 – 09, 2020
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 4.0
- Early bird registration fee: 510 euro
- Regular registration fee: 540 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, visits to companies and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Pub Quiz;
- Excursion to the Kunstkamera museum, a cabinet of curiosity;
- Field trip to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant;
- Full-day Wintry Event with sleigh riding and skating (optional for extra price).
Deadline for registration:
Early bird deadline: October 28, 2019
- for non-EU citizens: November 18, 2019
- for EU, Iranian and Indian citizens, citizens of visa-free countries: December 16, 2019
- Basic knowledge of physics;
- Fluent English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required;
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies.
Request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: email@example.com
- The Institute of Applied Astronomy of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Pulkovo Observatory;
- Radio astronomical observatory "Svetloe";
- Ioffe Institute;