Network International Conference “Interdisciplinarity in Engineering Education: Global Trends and Management Concepts – SYNERGY”
Start: July 11, 2016 End: July 13, 2016
Venue: Irkutsk, Listvyanka settlement (Lake Baikal), Irkutsk National Research Technical University (INRTU)
- Association for Engineering Education of Russia (AEER)
- Irkutsk National Research Technical University (INRTU)
- National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU)
- Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas
- Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University "LETI"
- European Society for Engineering Education (SEFI)
- International Society for Engineering Pedagogy (IGIP)
- International Federation of Engineering Education Societies (IFEES)
General sponsor: PAO Gazprom
The Conference aims to consider the best international and Russian practices in the organization and management of the training of experts capable of working in interdisciplinary teams and projects of major international companies. Another aim is to determine ways for assuring synergy in the implementation global interdisciplinary projects.
- Global trends in the organization and management of interdisciplinary scientific and educational projectsт
- Developing teachers’ professional skills and competencies based on the interdisciplinary approachт
- Managing the training of experts capable of working in interdisciplinary teams and projectsт
- Students in interdisciplinary projects
- Interdisciplinary projects in the field of resource efficiency and sustainable development (including projects on the preservation of Lake Baikal)
The Conference welcomes rectors, vice-rectors, heads of educational and research divisions, deans, heads of departments, professors, assistant professors, postgraduates, and students of technical universities as well as representatives of engineering companies, businesses, legislative and executive authorities interested in organization and executing of interdisciplinary projects.
The program of the Conference includes plenary sessions, roundtable and panel discussions, expert seminars and video conferences with the leading Russian and foreign experts.
Working languages: English, Russian (simultaneous interpretation provided)
All participants are invited to submit papers relevant to the topics of the Conference in the All-Russian peer-reviewed journal "Engineering Education" (English version is available online). The journal is indexed in the Web of Science (Russian Science Citation Index) database. All papers submitted before May 15, 2016 and accepted by the review committee will be published by the time of the Conference.