Unique Building Design
If you'd like to enlarge your knowledge in engineering design of unique buildings join this exchange semester!
The main objective of the program is to provide graduates with high-competitive skills and abilities in engineering design of unique buildings and structures. Based on the existing professional accomplishments our students should be able to successfully apply their newly acquired knowledge of structural mechanics, strength of materials, mathematics, computer technologies and engineering to identify and solve complicated tasks when computing and designing unique buildings.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- create building information models;
- make theoretical calculation of unique buildings and structures;
- perform complex calculations of building structures;
- design and analyze complex building structures made of modern building materials;
- predict the life cycle and assess a condition and durability of buildings and structures;
- design real construction projects;
What opportunities will you have?
The program provides students with an opportunity to get knowledge about Russian and worldwide experience related to unique buildings and constructions, to gain useful contacts with representatives of civil engineering business. Moreover the “semester abroad” is a great way to learn culture and education system of another country, to improve foreign language skills, to make new friends and acquire invaluable experience.
Program dates: beginning of February – mid-June
Participants: international and Russian students
Prerequisites: undergraduate students – at least two years of Bachelor level studies, with good command of English
Teachers: Professors from St. Petersburg Universities; visiting Professors from European partner Universities and highly qualified experts of construction companies
Training methods: lectures, case studies, field trips, company visits and group discussions
Credits: 30 ECTS credits per semester
Program Scheme: Compulsory courses + Elective courses + Interdisciplinary project. Compulsory courses and interdisciplinary project are obligatory. Students can also choose elective courses from the list to get 30 ECTS credits.
- Theoretical Basis of Unique Building Designing - 4 ECTS
- Designing of Unique Building Structures - 4 ECTS
- Building Information Modeling - 4 ECTS
- Reinforced Concrete Structures - 4 ECTS
- Integrated Project - 4 ECTS
- Work Experience, Internship - 4 ECTS
- Light Weight Metal Structures - 2 ECTS
- GIS -Technologies for Civil Engineering - 2 ECTS
- Strength and Reliability of Structures - 2 ECTS
- Structural Dynamics - 2 ECTS
Application procedure: application form for the program can be requested at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org