Microelectronic Materials, Circuits and Devices
JULY 06 — 17, 2020
Do you want to learn more about microelectronics and have exciting holidays in the most beautiful city of Russia? Join this summer school!
Get a unique opportunity to go deeper into physics and enjoy staying in the most beautiful city of Russia! Come to Saint-Petersburg and reveal a marvelous spirit of our lovely city!
This is a program developed in cooperation with industrial partners.
Students will expand their knowledge in the field of advanced microelectronics. The lectures will include some basics of prospective materials and devices, of microelectronic circuit simulations and design. Students will apply these fundamentals to the area of functional and organic electronics and electronics for telecommunications.
This program will help students to achieve solid understanding how modern digital circuits can be built using Verilog Hardware Description Language (HDL) and tested with FPGA devices. We will start from basic digital devices described with Verilog and evaluated on FPGA development boards. Next step will involve more complex digital circuits, including system-on-chip (SoC) based on SCR1 microprocessor - open source and free to use RISC-V compatible MCU core, designed by Syntacore company. The course is based on regular classes held in SPbPU and will be carried out by very experienced and highly qualified experts.
Arrival:Jul 04 – 05, 2020
Classes:: Jul 06 – 17, 2020
Departure: Jul 18 – 19, 2020
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 5.0
Early bird registration fee: 510 euro
Regular registration fee: 540 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city;
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues;
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
Deadline for registration:
Early bird deadline: - March 23, 2020
- for non-EU citizens: April 20, 2020
- for EU and visa-free countries’ citizens: June 08, 2020 (applicable for Iranian and Indian citizens as well)
- Fluent English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 years of University level studies.
Professors and lecturers:
Prof. Alexander Korotkov;
Dr. Ivan Piatak;
Dr. Viktoria Kapralova.