06 — 11 JULY, 2020
The course is held online
Enjoy a 40% discount for the tuition fee of winter and summer on-campus programs in 2021*
*Available only for students who will have participated in the online courses of a relevant field of study in summer 2020.
Do you want to learn more about space telecommunication and have exciting holidays in the most beautiful city of Russia? Join this summer school!
Online lectures will be delivered synchronized as live talk with professors and groupmates. Records of classes will be available on SPbPU platform for 1 month after the course end.
The summer school course "Space Technologies" is suitable for senior undergraduate and graduate students as the first space technology course or an add-on course. The program aims to provide advanced techniques of space engineering and understanding the core physics principles related to space exploration. Space industry problems are also considered during the program in addition to technology topics. The theoretical courses cover astrophysics, space technology and physics. Students will train their practical skills during a hackathon (a creative coding marathon) and an interactive business simulation workshop. The speakers are industry experts and scientists experienced in the field of space technology.
- Satellites Engineering,
- Space Communication Techniques,
- Space Hardware and Equipment,
- Radio Telescopic techniques.
ECTS credits: 2.0
Participation fee: 10 700 Rubles
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits mailed by post.
Socio-cultural program of extracurricular activities and networking events are included*:
- Online International Party;
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Campus Tour with international buddies from PolyUnion club;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum.
*All of the listed above activities will to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Deadline for registration: June 22, 2020.
- Basic knowledge of physics.
- Fluent English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 3 years of University level studies.
Request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: email@example.com
- The Institute of Applied Astronomy of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Pulkovo Observatory;
- Radio astronomical observatory "Svetloe";
- Ioffe Institute;
Professors and lecturers:
- Aleksander Ivanchic, corresponding member of RAS;
- Aleksander Blinov, professor of Space Investigation department, SPbPU;
- Oleg Tsybin, professor of IPNT, SPbPU;
- Vitaly Egorov, Dauria Aerospace;
- Denis Malygin, head of Astronomicon;
- Vladimir Mostepanenko, Pulkovo Observatory.