Polytech Project Grant Competition
Polytech Project is a grant competition for youth scientific and technical projects of Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU). To take part in the competition, please fill in an application form following the link and attach the accompanying documents: project passport or personal portfolio, and a signed scan of the your consent for processing your personal data.
You can apply for participation in the competition untill July 19, 2020.
Who can take part in the competition?
- University students study in the following fields: humanities and social sciences, natural and technical sciences
- Employees of all structural subdivisions of SPbPU: institutes, schools, laboratories, departments, centers, management and directorate structures, departments, and sectors, having the degree of candidates (up to 35 years, inclusive) and doctors of sciences (up to 40 years, inclusive), as well as young scientists and university employees without the degree up to 30 years
- Graduates* of Polytechnic University without any age restrictions.
* SPbPU graduates can propose an initiative that will be implemented with grant funds by a project team of trainees or employees of SPbGASU. It is possible to propose an initiative following the link.
You can take part in the competition in three nominations:
- Scientific, engineering and innovative youth projects
- Organization and holding of popular scientific events
- Participation in international contests and competitions.
Scientific, technical, innovative projects and popular science events:
These nominations imply the existence of projects or technical developments, for which grant funds will be spent, as well as the development and implementation of new educational formats.
The project shall be submitted by ONLY one member of the team, who will be the main manager of the project and report on the results of its implementation.
Participation in competitions / forums / conferences
This nomination is an opportunity to cover expenses on the participation in scientific and technical competitions/ forums / conferences with grant funds.
To participate, you must fill in your personal portfolio to confirm your competencies to participate.
Grant funds can be used to pay for both individual participation and team participation. For team participation, all members must register by attaching their personal portfolios and entering the team name in the appropriate field.
Scope of financing
Scientific, engineering and innovative youth projects
- 1 grant - 800 000 rubles
- 2 grants - 400 000 rubles
- 4 grants - 150,000 rubles
- 6 grants - 50,000 rubles
Organization and holding of a popular science event
- 3 grants - 150,000 rubles
- 5 grants - 100,000 rubles
- 10 grants - 50,000 rubles
Participation in international contests and competitions
- 20 grants - 30,000 rubles
Acceptance of applications for participation in the grant competition ends July 19 at 23:59.
After the end of application acceptance, the competition commission will carry out the initial distance selection of projects in accordance with the project passports and personal portfolios of applicants.
The participants who will have passed the selection will receive a letter with relevant information to the e-mail specified upon registration.
Participants of the online in-person selection will also be announced in competition’s VKontakte group.
Orientation session with experts online: the teams will meet with experts to hear comments and refine their projects before the defense.
Next, there will be a pitch session in online mode, during which participants will need to present their projects and answer questions from the competition committee.
After the pitch session, the results of the Polytech Project Grant Competition will be announced.