Innovative Marketing Technologies in Tourism
15 — 26 JULY, 2019
Are you involved into tourism business? Do you want to create the unique sales proposal for tourists in your domestic region? Then you have to study up-to-date technologies of innovative tourist product development! And don't forget about having perfect time in the most beautiful city of Russia! Join this Summer School!
The course “Innovative marketing technologies in tourism” will provide students with hands-on practical knowledge and skills in how to cater tourists needs and wants successfully. The 3 -week programme will give you the opportunity to combine a number of marketing courses covering such topics as international tourism marketing, segmentation and targeting, consumer behaviour, digital marketing and more.
The course covers a comprehensive review of existing mechanisms for innovative tourist product creation and promotion. The emphasis is put on Russian experience. Within the module you will gain the knowledge about Russian culture, traditions and identity. You will get the closer look at Saint Petersburg in the context of Russian culture, examine the best practices of Russian tourist industry .
The training course will be held in the format of scientific-practical discourse as close as possible to the realities of today’s international competition. Lectures, seminars and business games are to cover the most important and challenging issues of innovative marketing technologies in tourism: from theory to practice both in Saint-Petersburg and Russia. And the entertainment program will help this study to be efficient and unforgettable.
Arrival: Jul 13 – 14, 2019
Classes: Jul 15 – 26, 2019
Departure: Jul 27 – 28, 2019
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 5.0
- Early bird registration fee: 510 euro
- Regular registration fee: 590 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, company visits, cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art
- Pub Quiz in the city center of St. Petersburg.
- Visit to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant.
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue (optional, for extra price).
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues (optional, for extra price).
Deadline for registration:
Early bird deadline: March 25,2019
Regular deadline: 2 weeks
- for non-EU citizens: April 22, 2019
- for EU and visa-free countries’ citizens: May 27, 2019
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 years of University level studies.
Request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: email@example.com
Professors and lecturers:
PhD Nelly Kozlova;
PhD Elena Korchagina;
PhD Natalya Pletneva.