International Human Resource Management
15 — 26 JULY, 2019
Program provides a unique chance to study in Saint-Petersburg. The purpose of the program is to provide students with knowledge on aspects of International Human Resource Management. Within two weeks of this Summer School international students and Russian students are going to study and learn multi-cultural aspects of International Human Resource Management. A distinctive feature of the program is a consideration of such aspects as teamwork in the global market, managerial skills in the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and current trends in this area.
Various training methods and interactive study methods are used during Summer School module. Depending on the representation of the cultures in the class different tools of intercultural management are proposed.
Students will gain theoretical knowledge and practical experience of:
- Knowledge on International Human Resource Management;
- Managerial skills in the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution;
- Competence of managing multicultural teams.
Arrival: July 13 – 14, 2019
Classes: July 15 – 26, 2019
Departure:: July 27 – 28, 2019
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 5.0
- Early bird registration fee: 450 euro
- Regular registration fee: 480 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, visits to companies and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Excursion to the famous churches and cathedrals of Saint-Petersburg (including the Church of the Savior on blood);
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- City tour with a walking trip through the Peter and Paul Fortress.
Deadline for registration:
Early bird deadline: March 25,2019
- for non-EU citizens: April 22, 2019
- for EU-citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: May 27, 2019
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
Perspective directions for the development of international human resources management (ECTS 2.0)
Human Resource Management System. The impact of globalization on the international labor market.
Development of information technologies for human resource management. Contemporary trends in HRM. IHRM: complexity, challenges and choices in the future.
National managerial mentality and cross-cultural communications (ECTS 2.0)
The impact of national cultures and language differences on human resource management. Basic theories of cross-cultural management. Model of Russian managerial behavior. Communications with Russians. Managerial competences for multicultural team management.
Development of human resources in modern conditions (ECTS 1.0)
Professional orientation. Career planning. Manager skills in the 4th industrial revolution. Leadership basics. The main features of the leader. Global Leader. Teamwork in the global market.
Professors and lecturers:
DSc, prof. Olga Kalinina
DSc, prof. Alexander Kozlov
PhD, associate prof. Oksana Evseeva
PhD, associate prof. Svetlana Evseeva
guest lecturers from companies
Zyud University of Applied Science, Netherlands.