HR Analytics and Human Capital Development
15 – 26 JULY, 2020
The program provides a unique chance to study in Saint-Petersburg. The purpose of the program is to provide students with knowledge on aspects of human capital development. Within two weeks of this Summer School in July international students and Russian students are going to study and learn multi-cultural aspects of International Human Resource Management. A distinctive feature of the program is a consideration of such aspects as creating a business-oriented system of HR metrics that support the organization’s goals, managerial skills in the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and current trends in human capital development.
Various training methods and interactive study methods are used during the Summer School module.
Students will gain theoretical knowledge and practical experience of:
- Knowledge of Cross-Cultural Management
- Features of planning and attracting staff by using HR analytics
- HR analytics for talent selection and development
- HR performance management based on HR analytics
- Knowledge of current trends in Human Capital Development
- Managerial skills in the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution;
- Competence of managing multicultural teams.
Arrival: July 04 – 05, 2020
Classes: July 06 – 17, 2020
Departure: July 18 – 19, 2020
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 5.0
- Early bird registration fee: 450 euro
- Regular registration fee: 480 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, visits to companies and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues.
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
National managerial mentality and cross-cultural communications (ECTS 2.0)
Human Resource Management System. The impact of globalization on the international labor market.
The impact of national cultures and language differences on human resource management. Basic theories of cross-cultural management. Model of Russian managerial behavior. Communications with Russians. Managerial competencies for multicultural team management.
HR Analytics (ECTS 2.0)
HR metrics and HR analytics in the pyramid of HR data. Ethics and other features of the use of analytical data. Usage of HR analytics in planning and attracting staff. HR reports and HR dashboards. HR analytics for talent selection and development. HR performance management based on HR analytics.
Development of human capital in modern conditions (ECTS 1.0)
Human Capital. Human Resource Management System. Development of information technologies for human resource management. Contemporary trends in HRM. Professional orientation. Career planning. Manager skills in the 4th industrial revolution. Leadership basics. The main features of the leader. Global Leader. Teamwork in the global market.
Professors and lecturers:
DSc, prof. Olga Kalinina
DSc, prof. Alexander Kozlov
PhD, associate prof. Oksana Evseeva
PhD, associate prof. Svetlana Evseeva
guest lecturers from companies
Zyud University of Applied Science, the Netherlands