03 — 14 AUGUST, 2020
Looking for a course for true Civil Engineers? Join this Summer School!
The outstanding summer school “Civil Engineering” is entirely carried out in English and is cut out for those who are keen on architecture and design solutions. Staying in our charming city with its marvellous architecture would be of a great value and contribution to this course.
We welcome students to come to St. Petersburg - the Venice of the North! St. Petersburg is the cultural heart of Russia as well as a major trade gateway, financial and industrial centre. You will definitely enjoy staying in Saint-Petersburg and having fun while summer holidays.
Arrival: Aug 01 – 02, 2020
Classes: Aug 03 – 14, 2020
Departure: Aug 15 – 16, 2020
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 5.0
- Early bird registration fee: 35 700 Rubles
- Regular registration fee: 38 000 Rubles
It includes tuition fee, study materials and cultural program.
Registration (admission) fee: 3 300 Rubles
It includes a Letter of Invitation issuance and other admissions costs.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city;
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Farewell Event;
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues (optional, for extra price);
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
Deadline for registration:
Early bird deadline:April 27, 2020
- for non-EU citizens: May 11, 2020
- for EU and visa-free countries’ citizens: June 22, 2020 (applicable for Iranian and Indian citizens as well)
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 years of University level studies.
Request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The course introduces the basics of the BIM (Building Information Modeling), its conception, available software and ways to use this technology in real work process.
This course discusses how BIM provides contractors with the benefit of improved visualization of a construction project through the use of a 3D virtual model, establish a base of knowledge of BIM terminology and look at the benefits of BIM and case studies showing implementation before encouraging participants to study how they could implement BIM. Students do not only acquire a profound professional and methodical education but also the communication skills and cross-cultural experience necessary for future international management posts. The BIM program contains not only general BIM conception, but also its problems, solutions, ways to use and comparison of main software available today, and real experience of using Autodesk Revit – world-leading BIM platform, allowing create and manage projects faster and more economically;
The course is based on a real experience of BIM implementation in leading Russian’s project and construction companies, BIM software teaching.
The lectures cover the essential features BIM modeling and leading software.
The course introduces the concept of energy saving in the world, formation the energy efficiency in Russia and examples of its application in civil engineering. At the beginning students are given brief introduction to the Energy consumption in the residential sector, thermal loss of buildings, the concept of heat and moisture transfer in enclosing structures, types and classification of environmentally friendly building materials.
Students will know how to determine the energy efficiency classes of buildings, basic indicators of energy consumption, they will consider economical and environmental aspects in the field of energy saving, the major green building rating systems LEED and BREAM.
The course is held in the form of workshop, where students will consider real projects of new and existing buildings, different ways of improving the energy efficiency of the building, using practical calculations and BIM (Building Information Modeling) technology.
6-hours intensive course of Survival Russian is also included into the syllabus.
Professors and lecturers:
Aleksandr Vysotskiy, CEO of Vysotskiy consulting, expert in BIM;
Daria Zaborova, leading lecturer of SPbPU
Autodesk Authorized Training Center;
Autodesk Expert Elite.