Russian Studies: Russian language, Literature & Business Сulture
JULY 08 - AUGUST 02, 2019
Are you looking for a perfect Language & Culture immersion program in July offering transferable credits? Join this Summer School!
This summer school offers intensive Russian language study combined with elective English-taught courses in the field of Russian Studies and exciting cultural activities. As a result, the students will obtain or considerably improve the key communication skills, feel confident about using the Russian language in a wide variety of contexts, break the communication barrier, understand the native speakers better and form comprehensive understanding of the Russian culture, literature, mentality and business environment.
Arrival: July 06 - 07, 2019
Classes: July 08 - August 02, 2019
Departure: August 03 – 04, 2019
For those who cannot start the program on July 08, we offer a 3-weeks option for July 15 - August 02, 2019.
ECTS credits: 6.0
Russian Language: 4 ECTS.
Levels available: A0-C1. The program is open for the students of all levels, including absolute beginners.
Afternoon Elective Courses:
- Russian Business Culture: 2 ECTS
- Russian Literature: 2 ECTS
The program comprises: classroom lectures, video and language lab classes, field trips, speaking clubs, project work.
CREDITS TRANSFER: the program is designed according to the international standards. Official SPbPU Certificates given upon the summer school completion are eligible for international credits transfer.
Early bird participation fees:
- 4 weeks - 600 Euro
- 3 weeks - 480 Euro
Regular participation fees:
- 4 weeks - 650 Euro
- 3 weeks - 530 Euro
Participation fee includes: tuition fees, cultural activities, field trips, study materials, visa support (Invitation letter issuance).
Early bird application deadlines:
- for non-EU citizens: March 20, 2019
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: April 20, 2019
Standard application deadlines:
- for non-EU citizens: April 20, 2019
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: May 31, 2019
The cultural program includes:
- Full-day guided bus trip to Peterhof, the former imperial residence, world-famous for its amazing fountain and museum ensemble. Along with visiting the Grand Palace you will enjoy the walk in the Upper- and Lower parks and see numerous fountains, including the Grand Cascade and the Samson Fountain.
- Boat City Tour. This tour provides a great opportunity to see the picturesque city views from the water
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- A picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
Tutors' support and intercultural experience
To make your experience as safe and rich in impressions as possible, our team of tutors will provide you with constant support and friendly assistance, be it airport pick-up or additional speaking practice or a company for exploring the most breathtaking places of St.Petersburg.
Our students are provided with accommodation in the University dormitories on campus. All dormitories are located in a walking distance from the University.
Please request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org