Russian Studies: Russian language, History & Literature
SEPTEMBER 02 - SEPTEMBER 13, 2019
Would you like to study the Russian language and explore the cultural heritage of the charming city of St.Petersburg? Join this summer school!
This summer school is designed for the students willing to obtain or improve the Russian language skills and to develop personal vision of the Russian culture and mentality. Intensive language study is combined with English-taught courses providing an overview of the main historical stages of country’s development together with the analysis of the trends and problems emphasized in the Russian Literature by the world-known Russian writers as well as their correlation with the realities of the modern society.
This summer school is open for the students with all levels of Russian language, including absolute beginners.
Arrival: August 31 – September 1, 2019
Classes: September 2 - September 13, 2019
Departure: September 14 - 15, 2019
ECTS CREDITS: 4.0
Russian Language (levels A0-C1) 2 ECTS
The intensive language course is aimed at improving the main communication skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. It helps to break the communication barrier and facilitates better understanding of the Russian language. The students are divided into small groups according to the entrance test results.
Russian Literature 1 ECTS
The course explains and analyzes the main trends in Russian literature development, covering the lives, literary activities and works of the remarkable Russian writers. The lectures focus on the problems emphasized in Russian Literature and their connection with those of modern society. The lectures will encourage discovering correlations between the Russian literature and the cultural environment of St.Petersburg.
Russian History 1 ECTS
The course provides an overview of the main historical stages of the country’s development up to the present days.
The summer school program involves field trips, speaking clubs and excursions which will boost your inspiration for further discoveries and achievements in the field of Russian Studies.
- Early bird participation fee: 360 Euro
- Regular participation fees: 410 Euro
The participation fee includes: tuition, cultural program, field trips, course materials, registration fee, visa support (Invitation letter issuance).
Early bird application deadlines:
- for non-EU citizens: May 10, 2019
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: June 1, 2019
Standard application deadlines:
- for non-EU citizens: June 1, 2019
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: July 1, 2019
The cultural program includes:
- Full-day bus trip to Peterhof, the former imperial residence, famous for its amazing fountain and museum ensemble. Along with visiting the Grand Palace you will enjoy the walk in the Upper- and Lower parks and see numerous fountains, including the Grand Cascade and the Samson Fountain.
- Guided Bus City Tour
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world's largest and oldest museums of fine art. All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
Tutors' support and intercultural experience
To make your experience as safe and rich in impressions as possible, we have a team of tutors providing you with constant support and friendly assistance, be it airport pick-up or additional speaking practice or a company for exploring the most breathtaking places of St.Petersburg.
Our students are provided with accommodation in the University dormitories on campus. All dormitories are located in a walking distance from the University.
Please request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org