Russian language for Business Communication
SESSION 1: 06 – 26 AUGUST, 2018
SESSION 2: AUGUST 27 – SEPTEMBER 14, 2018
Do you want to use Russian Language with confidence in your professional life? Join this Summer School!
Today Russia is one of the world’s most promising and prospective fields for doing business and a key player in the major industries. Learning Russian Language now is a smart investment in your future success. This intensive program is designed for those who would like to learn how to use the Russian Language in professional life and understand how Russian business works. And St.Petersburg with its rich history and arts will definitively inspire you for further achievements!
Arrival: August 04 – 05, 2018 (session 1), August 25 – 26, 2018 (session 2)
Session 1: August 06 – 24, 2018
Session 2: August 27 – September 14, 2018
Departure: August 25 – 26, 2018 (session 1), September 15 – 16, 2018 (session 2)
Indoor classes are enhanced with the field trips, case studies, group and individual activities. All the courses are developed in accordance with the international standards and can be recognized as a period of study abroad.
Prerequisites: your level of Russian language proficiency should be over A2.
ECTS credits (total): 6.0
Russian Language for Business Communication (sessions 1 and 2): 4.5 ECTS
Russian Business Culture and Communication (session 1): 1.5 ECTS
Intercultural Business Communication (session 2): 1.5 ECTS
Participation fee: 480 Euro
Participation fee includes tuition fees, cultural activities, field trips, study materials, visa support (Invitation letter issuance).
Deadline for application:
- for non-EU citizens: May 28, 2018
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: June 25, 2018
In the end of the basic course, students will be able:
- to write business letters, announcements,
- to fill out document templates and forms (application for a loan, purchase order, etc.),
- to read the business texts (business letters, advertisement, announcements, contractual agreements);
- to conduct business conversations both by telephone and in person,
- to listen and to understand conversation of business partners, business phone calls, speeches at meetings, advertisement, etc.
Lexical and grammatical objectives: grammatical and lexical units, specific for business style. Topics:
- Joint and Foreign Enterprises;
- Exhibitions. Fairs. Auctions;
- Prices. Terms of Supply and Payment;
- Banks and Stock exchanges.
Key concepts of the Russian business culture (collectivism, egalitarianism and soul) are considered together with structure and hierarchy in Russian companies, working relationships in Russia, business practices in Russia, attitude towards foreign partners, gender aspects etc.
Such partial issues as business dress code, meals and business etiquette, gifts are also taken into consideration.
Field trips to the leading companies are a part of the course. Field trips to the leading companies are a part of the course.
The cultural program includes:
- full-day bus trip to Peterhof, the former imperial residence, famous for its amazing fountain and museum ensemble. Along with visiting the Grand Palace you will enjoy the walk in the Upper- and Lower parks and see numerous fountains, including the Grand Cascade and the Samson Fountain
- bus trip to Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo), the former imperial residence, famous for its palace and park ensemble. You will visit one of the most beautiful palaces — Palace of Russian Empress Catherine the Great. The peak of this excursion will be a visit to the world-famous Amber Room reconstructed in 2003
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Farewell Boat trip along the Neva River
All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
Tutors' support and intercultural experience
To make your experience as safe and rich in impressions as possible, we have a team of tutors providing you with constant support and friendly assistance, be it airport pick-up or additional speaking practice or a company for exploring the most breathtaking places of St.Petersburg.
Our students are provided with accommodation in the University dormitories on campus. All dormitories are located in a walking distance from the University.
For the application package please contact the Program director via e-mail.
Russian Language & Russian Studies
Higher School of International Educational Programs
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Tel: +7 812 606 62 34
SUMMER SCHOOL OF RUSSIAN STUDIES: SAY "DA" TO YOUR UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE. JOIN US!