Russian language for Business Communication
SESSION 1: 08 – 26 JULY, 2019
SESSION 2: AUGUST 05 – AUGUST 23, 2019
Would you like to learn how to use the Russian Language in professional life and understand how the Russian business works? Join this Summer School!
This intensive summer school focuses on providing the students with practical Russian language skills required for confident professional communication in a variety of business scenarios.
Russia is one of the key players in the major world industries, so learning Russian language for business communication is a smart investment in your future success. During the program you will increase your business-related vocabulary, improve your writing skills and learn how to efficiently put those into practice during negotiations, presentations etc. Apart from the intensive language study, you will develop understanding of the Russian business culture, work relationships and business practices in Russia, attitudes towards foreign partners and gender aspects.
The program involves excursions to the best sights of St.Petersburg to inspire you for further achievements.
The program runs in two equal sessions in July and in August allowing participation of the students with different academic calendars.
- Session 1: July 06 – 07, 2019,
- Session 2: August 03– 04, 2019
- Session 1:July 08– 26, 2019
- Session 2: August 05–23, 2019
- Session 1: July 27 – 28, 2019
- Session 2: August 24-25, 2019
Prerequisites: your level of the Russian language proficiency should be over A2.
ECTS credits (total): 6.0
In the end of the basic course, students will be able:
- to write business letters, announcements,
- to fill out document templates and forms (application for a loan, purchase order, etc.),
- to read the business texts (business letters, advertisement, announcements, contractual agreements);
- to conduct business conversations both by telephone and in person,
- to listen and to understand conversation of business partners, business phone calls, speeches at meetings, advertisement, etc.
Lexical and grammatical objectives: grammatical and lexical units, specific for business style. Topics:
- Joint and Foreign Enterprises;
- Exhibitions. Fairs. Auctions;
- Prices. Terms of Supply and Payment;
- Banks and Stock exchanges.
Key concepts of the Russian business culture (collectivism, egalitarianism and soul) are considered together with structure and hierarchy in Russian companies, working relationships in Russia, business practices in Russia, attitude towards foreign partners, gender aspects etc.
Such partial issues as business dress code, meals and business etiquette, gifts are also taken into consideration.
Field trips to the leading companies are a part of the course.
The program comprises: classroom lectures, video and language lab classes, field trips, speaking clubs, project work.
CREDITS TRANSFER: the program is designed according to the international standards. Official SPbPU Certificates given upon the summer school completion are eligible for international credits transfer.
Participation fee:Early bird participation fee: 480 Euro Regular participation fee: 530 Euro
Participation fee includes tuition fees, cultural activities, field trips, study materials, visa support (Invitation letter issuance).
The cultural program includes:
- Full-day guided bus trip to Peterhof, the former imperial residence, world-famous for its amazing fountain and museum ensemble. Along with visiting the Grand Palace you will enjoy the walk in the Upper- and Lower parks and see numerous fountains, including the Grand Cascade and the Samson Fountain.
- Boat City Tour. This tour provides a great opportunity to see the picturesque city views from the water
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- A picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland
All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
Early bird application deadlines:
- for non-EU citizens: March 20, 2019
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: April 20, 2019
Regular application deadlines:
- for non-EU citizens: April 20, 2019
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: May 31, 2019
Please request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutors' support and intercultural experience
To make your experience as safe and rich in impressions as possible, we have a team of tutors providing you with constant support and friendly assistance, be it airport pick-up or additional speaking practice or a company for exploring the most breathtaking places of St.Petersburg.
Our students are provided with accommodation in the University dormitories on campus. All dormitories are located in a walking distance from the University.