Russian Language, Politics & Art in the White Nights
JUNE 08 – JUNE 26, 2020
Would you like to study the Russian language and explore the cultural heritage of St.Petersburg in the most romantic time of the year when the sun never goes down? Join this summer school!
This summer school runs in the magic White Nights time and provides unique opportunities for the language and cultural immersion experience.
Intensive Russian language study is combined with exciting trips and excursions to the best sights of St.Petersburg and its suburbs. Apart from that, the program involves English-taught courses on Politics and History of the Russian Art covering the main stages, events and reforms of the Russian political system and providing an overview of the Russian art in a historical context.
Arrival: June 06 – June 07, 2020
Classes: June 08 – June 26, 2020
Departure: June 27– June 28, 2020
ECTS credits(total): 5.0
The program is open for the students of all levels (A0-C1), including absolute beginners.
The course is aimed at improving the main communication skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. It helps to break the communication barrier and facilitates better understanding of the Russian language. The students are divided into small groups according to their levels.
Our goal is to make you use the Russian language in real life situations , and we know how to do it. Apart from the classroom study, each week we arrange speaking clubs and social activities helping you to start talking in Russian with confidence.
The course focuses on analyzing the main features of the Russian political system of the recent decades, covering the reforms, events and political measures taken during the tenure of M.Gorbachev, B.Yeltsin, V. Putin and D.Medvedev.
The course provides an overview of the progress of Russian art from XI up to XXI century in a historical context, acquaints the students with principal trends of Russian art and architecture, the formation of different styles and the creations of the most remarkable Russian artists.
Early bird participation fee: 3 weeks - 480 Euro
Regular participation fee: 3 weeks - 530 Euro
Participation fee includes: tuition fee, cultural program, field trips, study materials, visa support (Invitation letter issuance).
The cultural program includes:
- the White Nights City Tour to see the Drawbridges Opening
- Full-day guided bus trip to Peterhof, the former imperial residence, world-famous for its amazing fountain and museum ensemble. Along with visiting the Grand Palace you will enjoy the walk in the Upper- and Lower parks and see numerous fountains, including the Grand Cascade and the Samson Fountain.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- A picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland
- All the trips listed above are included in the participation fee and are available to the students of this module at no extra charge.
Early bird application deadlines:
- for non-EU citizens: February 28, 2020
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: March 13, 2020
Regular application deadlines:
- for non-EU citizens: March 13, 2020
- for EU citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: April 18, 2020.
Please request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: email@example.com
Tutors' support and intercultural experience
To make your experience as safe and rich in impressions as possible, our team of tutors will provide you with constant support and friendly assistance, be it airport pick-up or additional speaking practice or a company for exploring the most breathtaking places of St.Petersburg.
Our students are provided with accommodation in the University dormitories on campus. All dormitories are located in a walking distance from the University.
Russian Language & Russian Studies
Higher School of International Educational Programs
- Tatiana KOVALENKO (Mrs.)
- +7 (812) 606-62-34
SUMMER SCHOOL OF RUSSIAN STUDIES: SAY "DA" TO YOUR UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE. JOIN US!