JULY 20 — AUGUST 07, 2020
Do you want to learn more about electrical engineering, high voltage technologies, smart grids and renewable and also have exciting holidays in the most beautiful city of Russia? Join this summer school!
The program lectures cover general terms of power systems; basic concept of power system stability, electrical 3-phase system. Fundamental terms of short-circuit currents calculations are introduced. Temporary and surge overvoltages, reactive power compensation means and high voltage cable lines application issues are also considered. Additionally, the course focuses on load flow analysis methods, synchronous machines’ excitation systems and automatic voltage regulators principles of operation and root causes of power system blackouts. Special attention will be paid to the topic Grid Integration of Renewable Energies and e-Mobility. Active teamwork in small groups on projects of the course will bring deeper understanding of the subject.
Arrival: July Jul 18 – 19, 2020
Classes & cultural activities: Jul 20 – Aug 07, 2020
Departure: Aug 08 – 09, 2020
2 first weeks, 2 last weeks or 3 weeks of studies
ECTS credits: 5 / 4 for 3 / 2 weeks respectively
- Early bird registration fee (till 10th of May, 2020): 40000 rubles
- Regular Registration fee:43000 rubles
- Early bird registration fee (till 10th of May, 2020): 55000 rubles
- Regular Registration fee: 58000 rubles
Registration (admission) fee: 3 300 Rubles
It includes a Letter of Invitation issuance and other admissions costs.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city;
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Trip to Peterhof, world famous for its fountains;
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue;
- Excursion to beautiful suburbs near St. Petersburg with the palaces' visit. Pushkin / Pavlovsk / Oranienbaum;
- Sport's activities;
- Campus tour;
- Russian language & culture class;
- Closing Ceremony in art space.
Deadline for registration:
- For students from EU, India & Iran: June, 29
- For the rest students, who need Russian visa: June, 01
- For the rest students, who don't need Russian visa: July, 01
Basic knowledge in Electrical Engineering. Good command of English. All classes and out-of-class activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required. Applicants are expected to have at least 2 year of University level studies.
Course description can be sent on request to participant
SPbPU professors, leading international professors and guest speakers from companies
- Joint Stock Company «Scientific and Technical Center of Unified Power System»;
- South-West CHP;
- Power Machines Industry;
- Brandenburg Technical University, Cottbus;
- Politechnico di Milano.