20 — 31 JULY, 2020
The course is held online
Looking for a course in thermal power plants, steam, micro and gas turbines? Join this summer school!
The School provides the unique opportunity to attend intensive academic program of leading professors from Russia and abroad. The study plan is composed of seminars and lectures in gas / steam/ micro turbines and CFD modelling and also includes practical tasks, technical games and team work. All studies are developed accordingly to the European requirements and can be recognized as a period abroad. Besides studying at the Polytechnic university participants also visit leading energy companies.
- during two or three weeks students get theoretical and practical skills in CFD modelling
- open lectures on the base of our industrial partner “REPH” / “Siemens”
- deep knowledge in gas, steam and microturbines.
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 4.0
Participation fee: 20 000 Rubles
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city;
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Trip to Peterhof, world famous for its fountains;
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue;
- Excursion to beautiful suburbs near St. Petersburg with the palaces' visit. Pushkin / Pavlovsk / Oranienbaum;
- Sport's activities;
- Campus tour;
- Russian language & culture class;
- Closing Ceremony in art space.
Deadline for registration: 06 July, 2020.
Basic knowledge in gas , steam and micro turbines and thermal power plants. Good command of English. All classes and out-of-class activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required. Applicants are expected to have at least 2 year of University level studies.
“Turbomachinery” course description can be sent on request to participant
Professors and lecturers:
SPbPU professors, leading international professors and guest speakers from companies
- Power Machines Industry
- Politechnico di Milano
- University of Genova
- Lappeenranta University of Technology