Oil & Gas
20 — 31 JULY, 2020
The course is held online
Do you want to learn more about oil and gas trends and petroleum industry and have exciting holidays in the most beautiful city of Russia? Join this summer school!
The course provides a comprehensive overview of the oil and gas industry from upstream exploration and production to downstream refining, pumping, sales and marketing. Participants will learn all the subtleties of the processes and technologies of viscous oil extraction, oil preparation and gas recovery under the supervision of leading Russian and International professors and experts. They will gain an appreciation of industry dynamics and the key issues affecting its development and future. This course will provide a thorough foundation for understanding the changing "Oil & Gas" industry dynamics.
Participants will enjoy a hands-on experience through a variety of individual and team exercises and projects, with the opportunity to exchange views and skills with a diverse group of industry peers.
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 4.0
Participation fee: 20 000 Rubles
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city;
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Trip to Peterhof, world famous for its fountains;
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue;
- Excursion to beautiful suburbs near St. Petersburg with the palaces' visit. Pushkin / Pavlovsk / Oranienbaum;
- Sport's activities;
- Campus tour;
- Russian language & culture class;
- Closing Ceremony in art space.
Deadline for registration: 06 July, 2020.
- Good command of English. All classes and out-of-class activities are conducted in English.
- Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 year of University level studies.
Course description can be sent on request to participant
Professors and lecturers: SPbPU professors, leading international professors and guest speakers from companies
- Gazprom Transgaz
- Gazprom Neft
- Surgutneftegaz (Kirishi oil refinery)
- Branch of PJSC OGK-2 - Kirishskaya TPP