Oil & Gas
JULY 20 — AUGUST 07, 2020
Do you want to learn more about oil and gas trends and petroleum industry and have exciting holidays in the most beautiful city of Russia? Join this summer school!
The course provides a comprehensive overview of the oil and gas industry from upstream exploration and production to downstream refining, pumping, sales and marketing. Participants will learn all the subtleties of the processes and technologies of viscous oil extraction, oil preparation and gas recovery under the supervision of leading Russian and International professors and experts. They will gain an appreciation of industry dynamics and the key issues affecting its development and future. This course will provide a thorough foundation for understanding the changing "Oil & Gas" industry dynamics.
Participants will enjoy a hands-on experience through a variety of individual and team exercises and projects, with the opportunity to exchange views and skills with a diverse group of industry peers.
Arrival: Jul 18 – 19, 2020
Classes & cultural activities: Jul 20 – Aug 07, 2020
Departure: Aug 08 – 09, 2020
2 first weeks, 2 last weeks or 3 weeks of studies
ECTS credits: 5 / 4 for 3 / 2 weeks respectively
- Early bird registration fee (till 10th of May, 2020): 40000 rubles
- Regular Registration fee: 43000 rubles
- Early bird registration fee (till 10th of May, 2020): 55000 rubles
- Regular Registration fee: 58000 rubles
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city;
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Trip to Peterhof, world famous for its fountains;
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue;
- Excursion to beautiful suburbs near St. Petersburg with the palaces' visit. Pushkin / Pavlovsk / Oranienbaum;
- Sport's activities;
- Campus tour;
- Russian language & culture class;
- Closing Ceremony in art space.
Deadline for registration:
- For students from EU, India & Iran: June, 29
- For the rest students, who need Russian visa: June, 01
- For the rest students, who don't need Russian visa: July, 01
- Good command of English. All classes and out-of-class activities are conducted in English.
- Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 year of University level studies.
Course description can be sent on request to participant
Professors and lecturers: SPbPU professors, leading international professors and guest speakers from companies
Program partners: Gazprom Transgaz
Surgutneftegaz (Kirishi oil refinery)
Branch of PJSC OGK-2 - Kirishskaya TPP