Computer Modeling and Simulation for Engineers (Polytech – UNED)
13 — 24 JULY, 2020
The course is held online
Enjoy a 40% discount for the tuition fee of winter and summer on-campus programs in 2021*
*Available only for students who will have participated in the online courses of a relevant field of study in summer 2020.
Online lectures will be delivered synchronized as live talk with professors and groupmates. Records of classes will be available on SPbPU platform for 1 month after the course end.
This is a joint program developed in cooperation with UNED: National University of Distance Education (Spain).
ECTS credits: 4.0
Participation fee: 21 400 Rubles
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits mailed by post.
Socio-cultural program of extracurricular activities and networking events are included*:
- Online International Party;
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Campus Tour with international buddies from PolyUnion club;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum.
*All of the listed above activities will to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Deadline for registration: June 29, 2020.
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 years of University level studies.
Request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The course curriculum includes:
- Introduction in Modelica (Dymola, OpenModelica);
- Introduction in MVL (MwStudium, Rand Model Designer).
Introduction in Object-Oriented Modeling is based on two courses «Modeling and Simulation with Modelica for engineers» (prof. Alfonso Urguia, Spain ) and «Rand Model Designer for beginners» (prof. Yuri Senichenkov, Russia) developed for InMotion Project. Modelica and Model Vision Language are object-oriented, equation based modeling languages for modeling and simulation complex dynamical systems. Models of complex dynamical systems are hierarchical, component models with event-driven behavior. Both courses iuclude lectures, practical work and independed work with tools for visual modeling.
- Isolated models based on differential and difference equation / lectures;
- Simple dynamical systems / practical workshop;
- Hybrid system and State Machines / lectures;
- Event-driven behavior: bouncing ball, ideal diod / practical workshop;
- Classes, objects, inheritance, packages and libraries / lectures;
- Components with inputs/outputs («Causal» modeling) / lectures;
- Control systems: PID regulator / practical workshop;
- Components with contacts/flows («Physical» Modeling) / lectures;
- Electrical and Hydraulic component systems / practical workshop.
Professors and lecturers:
- Prof. Alfonso Urquia, UNED, Spain;
- Prof. Carla Martín-Villalba, UNED, Spain;
- Prof. Yuri Senichenkov, Polytech, Russia.
UNED: National University of Distance Education (Spain)