Computer Modeling and Simulation for Engineers (Polytech – UNED)
15 — 26 JULY, 2019
This is a joint program developed in cooperation with UNED: National University of Distance Education (Spain).
Arrival: July 13 – 14, 2019
Classes: July 15 – 26, 2019
Departure: July 27 – 28, 2019
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 4.0
- Early bird registration fee: 510 euro
- Regular registration fee: 540 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, visits to companies and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Pub Quiz in the city center of St. Petersburg.
- Visit to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant.
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues.
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue (optional, for extra price).
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
Deadline for registration:
Early bird deadline:
for non-EU citizens: March 25,2019
- for non-EU citizens: April 22, 2019
- for EU-citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: June 17, 2019 (applicable for Iranian and Indian citizens as well)
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 years of University level studies.
The course curriculum includes:
- Introduction in Modelica (Dymola, OpenModelica);
- Introduction in MVL (MwStudium, Rand Model Designer).
Introduction in Object-Oriented Modeling is based on two courses «Modeling and Simulation with Modelica for engineers» (prof. Alfonso Urguia, Spain ) and «Rand Model Designer for beginners» (prof. Yuri Senichenkov, Russia) developed for InMotion Project. Modelica and Model Vision Language are object-oriented, equation based modeling languages for modeling and simulation complex dynamical systems. Models of complex dynamical systems are hierarchical, component models with event-driven behavior. Both courses iuclude lectures, practical work and independed work with tools for visual modeling.
- Isolated models based on differential and difference equation / lectures;
- Simple dynamical systems / practical workshop;
- Hybrid system and State Machines / lectures;
- Event-driven behavior: bouncing ball, ideal diod / practical workshop;
- Classes, objects, inheritance, packages and libraries / lectures;
- Components with inputs/outputs («Causal» modeling) / lectures;
- Control systems: PID regulator / practical workshop;
- Components with contacts/flows («Physical» Modeling) / lectures;
- Electrical and Hydraulic component systems / practical workshop.
Professors and lecturers:
Prof. Alfonso Urquia, UNED, Spain;
Prof. Carla Martín-Villalba, UNED, Spain;
Prof. Yuri Senichenkov, Polytech, Russia.
UNED: National University of Distance Education (Spain)