Computer Modeling and Simulation for Engineers (Polytech – UNED)
15 — 26 JULY, 2019
This is a joint program developed in cooperation with UNED: National University of Distance Education (Spain).
Arrival: July 13 – 14, 2019
Classes: July 15 – 26, 2019
Departure: July 27 – 28, 2019
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 4.0
- Early bird registration fee: 510 euro
- Regular registration fee: 540 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, visits to companies and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Pub Quiz in the city center of St. Petersburg.
- Visit to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant.
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue (optional, for extra price).
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues (optional, for extra price).
Deadline for registration:
Early bird deadline:
for non-EU citizens: March 25,2019
- for non-EU citizens: April 22, 2019
- for EU-citizens and citizens of visa-free countries: May 27, 2019
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 years of University level studies.
The course curriculum includes:
- Introduction in Modelica (Dymola, OpenModelica);
- Introduction in MVL (MwStudium, Rand Model Designer).
Introduction in Object-Oriented Modeling is based on two courses «Modeling and Simulation with Modelica for engineers» (prof. Alfonso Urguia, Spain ) and «Rand Model Designer for beginners» (prof. Yuri Senichenkov, Russia) developed for InMotion Project. Modelica and Model Vision Language are object-oriented, equation based modeling languages for modeling and simulation complex dynamical systems. Models of complex dynamical systems are hierarchical, component models with event-driven behavior. Both courses iuclude lectures, practical work and independed work with tools for visual modeling.
- Isolated models based on differential and difference equation / lectures;
- Simple dynamical systems / practical workshop;
- Hybrid system and State Machines / lectures;
- Event-driven behavior: bouncing ball, ideal diod / practical workshop;
- Classes, objects, inheritance, packages and libraries / lectures;
- Components with inputs/outputs («Causal» modeling) / lectures;
- Control systems: PID regulator / practical workshop;
- Components with contacts/flows («Physical» Modeling) / lectures;
- Electrical and Hydraulic component systems / practical workshop.
Professors and lecturers:
Prof. Alfonso Urquia, UNED, Spain;
Prof. Carla Martín-Villalba, UNED, Spain;
Prof. Yuri Senichenkov, Polytech, Russia.
UNED: National University of Distance Education (Spain)