Machine Learning: Theory and Application
JULY 20 — 31, 2020
Do you want to go deeper into data science? Then this course is for you!
The course introduces students to the theoretical foundations of machine learning and data science, as well as to the solution of real business problems with the help of computer vision, classification and regression algorithms. The optimal balance between theory and practice provides both a good foundation and the ability to apply knowledge in practice.
Arrival: Jul 18 – 19, 2020
Classes: Jul 20 – 31, 2020
Departure: Aug 01 – 02, 2020
Duration: 2 weeks
ECTS credits: 4.0
Early bird registration fee: 510 euro
Regular registration fee: 540 euro
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city;
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues;
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
Deadline for registration:
Early bird deadline: April 06, 2020
- for non-EU citizens: April 27, 2020
- for EU and visa-free countries’ citizens: June 22, 2020 (applicable for Iranian and Indian citizens as well)
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 2 years of University level studies.
Request the application form and submit the application package via e-mail: email@example.com
Professors and lecturers:
Vyacheslav Potekhin – Associate Prof., Department of Cyberphysical Systems and Control, SPbPU;
Nikita Kudryashov – PhD, Institute of Computer Science and Technology, SPbPU; Gazprom-neft leading specialist.