Environmental Engineering in Urban Construction
Do you want to be an extremely popular specialist with knowledge in the field of sustainable construction and environmental protection? Join this program!
The program prepares specialists in urban construction who are able to solve environmental problems and apply technologies for environmental protection. The program provides practical experience of research and management, together with profound knowledge of chemical physical and engineering principles forming the basis of environmental engineering technologies. Boost your future career with us!
- individual approach and on-going assistance;
- scientific research activities, regular participation in seminars, conferences, and forums;
- joint project and research activities with teachers' engagement;
- using modern computer technology in construction and environment protection;
- exciting internships and practice;
- online communication between students and teachers via intranet web-site based on moodle;
- scholarships to study abroad in English in one of the European partner universities (a semester or a summer school).
About the program
Fundamental background & Practical skills in the following fields:
Recommended to have background in the relevant fields:
Major areas of expertise:
With the knowledge and practical skills acquired by completion of this course, many graduates may continue to study for a PhD, become research assistants or work for international companies or set up their own business.
2 years, full-time
SPbPU diploma: MSc in Civil Engineering
Total workload / Credits
The program is taught in English
Tuition fee per year:
|General Education Courses (English language in professional activity, Scientific discourse, Economics in construction, History and methodology of science, Russian as a foreign language (facultative))||16|
|Mathematical Modeling and BIM-Technologies (Mathematical modelling, Digital modelling of buildings and constructions, Geoinformation technologies in construction)||12|
|Basics in environmental engineering (Physical and colloidal chemistry in environmental protection, Energy efficiency aspects)||11|
|Environmental Protection in Urban Construction (Modern environmental issues , Waste management, Natural and wastewater treatment methods, Natural-technical systems and sustainable development, Baltic sea basin environmental protection)||14|
|Mobility Module, Scientific and Research Work||42|
- Green technologies in construction
- Urban waste management
- Sorbents for water treatment produced from microalgae
- Water treatment by electrochemical methods
- Optical parameters in water quality control
You are kindly required to fill in an on-line application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
The TUHH is a compact technical university with a clear profile in research and innovative learning methods where theory and practice meet. With its areas of expertise and its interdisciplinary structures, the TUHH works in a research-oriented manner, offering groundbreaking research and at the same time a modern, research-oriented and practice-oriented education due to its outstanding staff and equipment.
Technische Hochschule Köln – abbreviated as TH Köln – University of Applied Sciences – sees itself as University of Technology, Arts, Sciences. With its disciplinary and cultural diversity and openness, TH Köln’s activities are aimed on cultural and technological breakthroughs of high societal relevance. Overall 26,000 students from about 120 different countries along with 430 professors and 1,400 staff employ their potential. Research mainly focuses on future-related issues, including climate change, energy supply, health and food safety as well as demographic changes.
The University of Genoa is one of the most valuable cultural and scientific heritage of the Mediterranean and the Italian northwestern area. It is deeply interconnected with the city of Genoa and its economic framework. The University is located throughout the region, with campuses also in Savona, Imperia and La Spezia.
LUT University is a pioneering science university in Finland, bringing together the fields of science and business since 1969. The international community is composed of approximately 6,000 students and experts engaged in scientific research and academic education. Clean energy and water, circular economy and sustainable business are the key questions of humankind to which LUT seeks solutions through technology and business.
Internships and practice:
- Laboratories of the Сivil Engineering and Applied Ecology Department
- Committee for Nature Management,
- Environmental Protection and Environmental Safety
- Construction company «Etalon LenSpetsSMU»
- Hamburg University of Technology (Germany)
- University of Applied Sciences of Köln (Germany)
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland)
Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - Saint-Petersburg - will reward you with unforgettable experience!
- Polytechnicheskaya, 29, Hydro-technical Building, 195251 St.Petersburg
- Assoc. Prof. Alexander Chusov, Scientific Supervisor
- Maria Andrianova, Program Coordinator
- +7 (812) 297-59-28