Power Plant Engineering
Create modern solutions for power generation. Bring communities of your region safe and affordable energy.
Join our Master's programme and you deepen your knowledge, skills and competences in power engineering.
After graduating, you will be able to design, construct, operate, manage and maintain power plants in the most efficient way, taking into account economic, environmental and societal aspects.
- sophisticated and constantly updated training program
- research projects supervised by successful energy experts
- program in English;
- company visits;
- international contacts for future career;
- extracurricular activities;
- life in the cultural capital of Russia
About the program
Fundamental background & Practical skills in the following fields:
Prerequisite knowledge in mathematics and engineering sciences:
Major areas of expertise:
2 years, full-time
Energy is one of the continuously growing sectors in the world. Some of our graduates become plant engineers, and typically work for power plants and manufacturing establishments.
They may start with entry-level positions, which often deal with maintenance and repair of plant equipment, and further they can be promoted to senior managerial positions. Others go to work for energy committees and commissions, dealing with energy and environmental development strategies in the regions. Or a graduate may continue studies in doctoral programs.
Total workload / Credits
Tuition fee per year:
The program is taught in English
Public and professional accreditation by the international accreditation Commission Evalag and the National accreditation Council "national center for professional and public accreditation".
|1 Semester||2 Semester|
|3 Semester||4 Semester|
- Implementation of Vortex Generators over Wind Turbine Blades
- Study of Coordination Control Strategies in Combined Microgrid System
- The improvement of Post-Dryout Heat Transfer Calculations in Power Equipment Thermal Hydraulic Computer Codes
- Effect of Turbine Blade Cooling on the Efficiency of Gas Turbines
- Numerical Simulation of Forced Convection in Direct Air-Cooled Condenser of Power Plant
- To explore the Optimization and Distribution of Inter-Unit Load in Power Plant
- Numerical Investigation of the Centrifugal Compressor Inlet Chamber
- Dry Anaerobic Digestion Technology and Its Application for Biogas Production
- Upgrading the Thermal Circuit of the Turbine K-500-240
- The Optimization and Energy Saving Analysis of Thermal Power System in Power Plant
- Relation Between Energy Consumption and Economic Growth Investigation
You are kindly required to visit the “How to apply section” to learn the Step-by-Step Admission procedure before and after arrival.
TGC-1 is the leading producer of electricity and heat in the North-West region of Russia and the second largest territorial generating company in Russia in terms of installed capacity.
South-West Power Plant is the energy facility of a new generation equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment, modern energy systems and process automation.
- International community
- Student unions
- Cosmopolitan cultural, industrial, scientific and business center, birthplace of Russian president, background of famous Dostoevsky novels, UNESCO heritage site, most European city of Russia, St. Petersburg is a great place to live and to study.
Learn more about MSc Degree Power Plant Engineering
The professors in ..
- Ekaterina Sokolova, Program Coordinator
- +7 921 096-26-84