Regional Studies: Russian Federation
Do you want to go deeper into studies about Russia’s foreign policy? Just join this program!
With the Master's Degree Program 'Regional Studies: Russian Federation' you will gain more profound and comprehensive knowledge about current Russia’s policy.The program deals with the various aspects of contemporary Russia’s politics, with the emphasis on the key directions of Russia’s foreign policy, its goals, objectives and regional priorities such as Russia's place in Greater Eurasia, the Arctic and the world as a whole. The Program also highlights topics devoted to the specifics of the formation of Russian information policy, as well as Russia's role in international cooperation in the field of environmental protection. During the study period knowledge of the country’s political history culture is given. As a result, students get the ability to comprehend Russia’s contemporary politics.
- the course is primarily delivered in English;
- regular participation in seminars, conferences and forums;
- in-depth knowledge delivered by highly-expertised Russian professors;
- international relevant contacts for successful career in international governmental and non-governmental organizations;
- cross-cultural studies and other extracurricular activities at the University;
- scholarships to study abroad in English in one of the European partner universities (a semester or a summer school)
- trainings and activities regarding issues of public authorities engaged with domestic and foreign policies, various scientific, educational, informational and cultural exchanges, trade and economic cooperation, bilateral and multilateral communication links.
Master of Arts (MA) from Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia
Major areas of expertise:
2 years, full-time: 3 semesters at SPbPU + 1 semesters at a partner university (optional)
Our graduates can expect positions in international companies with Russianbased subsidiaries. On top of that having pertinent knowledge and practical skills they will be able to work in local administration and government, or continue to study for a PhD.
Total workload / Credits
Tuition fee per year:
The program is taught in English
History and culture of Russia
Political, Social and Economic Issues in Russia
Master’s Thesis and Scientific Research
- Russia's foreign policy in the context of world political transformations.
- Russia's place in the system of global governance.
- The image of the West in the USSR and Russia: a comparative analysis
- Image of Russia in Western Public Opinion: Based on Polls of Leading Sociological Centers in the USA, Great Britain, France, Germany (optional)
- Public diplomacy of modern Russia (on the example of the activities of Rossotrudnichestvo, RIAC, the A. M. Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Foundation or other think-tanks)
- International Economic Relations of Saint Petersburg: Main Directions and Prospects
- Formation of the image of the Russian Federation on the example of energy diplomacy
- Russian Energy Strategy from the Perspective of Geopolitics
- Foreign policy of Russia in the field of international information security
- Evolution of Russian Climate Policy: from the Kyoto Protocol to the Paris Agreement
- The European Green Deal: Risks and Opportunities for the EU-Russia Relations
- Russian Policy in the Arctic: International Aspects
- Russia’s Arctic policies: concepts, domestic and international priorities
- The concept of “Greater Eurasia”: The Russian “turn to the East” and its consequences for the European Union
- Russian Strategy in Greater Eurasia: Between the EU and China
- Sino-Russian rapprochement and Greater Eurasia
- Cooperation in the field of security in the post-Soviet space (within the framework of the CSTO, the SCO, the EAEU or in separate sub-regions - Central Asia, the South Caucasus, New Eastern Europe).
You are kindly required to fill in an on-line application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
University of Warwick (UK) is a public research university in Coventry, England. Warwick consistently ranks in the top ten of all major rankings of British universities. Joint progam on the English language training and comparative regional analysis.
Saimaa University of Applied Sciences (Finland) is a university of applied sciences in the region of south Karelia, Finland. At the Saimaa University of applied sciences, English degree programs are offered in the fields of engineering and humanities. Joint progam on comparative regional analysis and communication studies.
University of Tampere (Finland) is a university in Finland. it has 15,400 degree students and 2,100 employees. The University collaborates with the City of Tampere, Tampere Region and other higher education institutes in the area, likewise with companies and public sector organizations. Joint progam on comparative regional analysis and communication studies.
Technische Universität Berlin (Germany) is a research university located in Berlin, Germany and one of the largest and most prestigious research and education institutions in Germany. Joint progam on the language training and communication techniques.
University of Stuttgart (Germany) is a university located in Stuttgart, Germany. it is one of the top nine leading technical universities in Germany with highly ranked programs in civil, mechanical, industrial and electrical engineering. Joint progam on the language training and communication techniques.
- Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - Saint-Petersburg - will reward you with unforgettable experience!
- The only master's program in English dedicated to the study of the Russian Federation, with an emphasis on the study of the foreign policy of modern Russia.
- The program is being implemented in one of the leading Russian universities - Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University.
- Studying on the Program provides opportunities for joint work with leading Russian experts on Russian foreign policy and international relations.