Make right technological and business decisions on generation, production, consumption, costs, environmental impact and reliability of energy supply.
- sophisticated and constantly updated training program;
- research projects supervised by successful energy experts;
- program in English;
- company visits;
- international contacts for future career;
- extracurricular activities;
- life in the cultural capital of Russia
About the program
Major areas of expertise
With the knowledge acquired our graduates are in high demand for the positions of electrical engineers.
2 years, full-time
Total workload / Credits
Tuition fee per year:
The program is taught in English
|1 Semester||2 Semester|
|3 Semester||4 Semester|
- Power transmission and distribution
- Overhead power lines. Reliability of electric power equipment
- Optimization in electrical systems and networks. Renewable energy sources
- Superconductivity in electrical engineering and electric power industry. Electromagnetic fields.
- Transformer equipment of technological processes
- Pulse electrophysical processes and their application. Power electronics and its application.
- Cable power lines. Strong magnetic fields and their application. Electrical discharge in condensed matter
- Plasma technology in industry. Methods of technical physics in the development and research of electric power and electrical equipment. Multiphysical modeling of equipment and processes.
- High voltage insulation
- Mathematical pulsed modelling of electromagnetic and electrophysical processes
- Automation and control of electrical substations
You are kindly required to visit the “How to apply section” to learn the Step-by-Step Admission procedure before and after arrival.
South-West Power Plant is the energy facility of a new generation equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment, modern energy systems and process automation.
- International community
- Student unions
- Cosmopolitan cultural, industrial, scientific and business center, birthplace of Russian president, background of famous Dostoevsky novels, UNESCO heritage site, most European city of Russia, St. Petersburg is a great place to live and to study.