Life is about keeping things in balance. Master program in Electrical Engineering is aimed at training you to make the right technological and business decisions concerning generation and load, production and consumption, costs and environmental impact, reliability of energy supply and the investments for system’s development. High-level of leadership, analytical, multi engineering and management skills in the field of electro-energetic nets and equipment that you will obtain at SPbPU will help you to build your career at the international work market.
- well-balanced curriculum of theoretical and practical courses;
- training by local and international specialists;
- double degree diploma option;
- program delivered in English;
- company visits to leading industrial enterprises;
- scientific research activities;
- multicultural environment;
- extracurricular activities;
About the program
Major areas of expertise
With the knowledge acquired our graduates will be in high demand for the positions of electrical engineers looking after the design of a particular range of electrical equipment or developing a new facility design.
Going for further education and getting PhD is another alternative for self-development.
2 years, full-time
3 semesters at SPbPU + 1 semester at partner university (optional).
Double Degree in cooperation with Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg (2nd and 3rd semester)
Double Degree in cooperation with Lappeenranta University of Technology (the 2nd year)
Total workload / Credits
Tuition fee per year:
The program is taught in English
Module of professional orientation:
- Electrical Power Systems;
- High Voltage Technologies;
- Electromagnetic Compatibility;
- Engineering and Computer Graphics;
- Power Electronics; and etc.
General Scientific courses:
- History and Methodology of Science;
- English for Technical Communication;
- Scientific Discourse
- Scientific and Research Work;
- Internship Course Projects;
- Master thesis
Economics and Management courses:
- Financial Management;
- Supply Chain Management;
- Production Management
- Power transmission and distribution
- Overhead power lines. Reliability of electric power equipment
- Optimization in electrical systems and networks. Renewable energy sources
- Superconductivity in electrical engineering and electric power industry. Electromagnetic fields.
- Transformer equipment of technological processes
- Pulse electrophysical processes and their application. Power electronics and its application.
- Cable power lines. Strong magnetic fields and their application. Electrical discharge in condensed matter
- Plasma technology in industry. Methods of technical physics in the development and research of electric power and electrical equipment. Multiphysical modeling of equipment and processes.
- High voltage insulation
- Mathematical pulsed modelling of electromagnetic and electrophysical processes
- Automation and control of electrical substations
You are kindly requested to fill in an on-line application. Find further information concerning admission at SPbPUat SPbPU web-site.
BTU is a young and dynamic university offering multiple career opportunities. The university offers both theoretical and applied science faculties and has strong relationships with largest industrial companies such as Siemens.
Double Degree program
South-West Power Plant is the energy facility of a new generation equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment, modern energy systems and process automation.
Cosmopolitan cultural, industrial, scientific and business center, birth place of Russian president, background of famous Dostoevsky novels, UNESCO heritage site, most European city of Russia, St. Petersburg is a great place to live and to study.